Sign in to follow this  
Shock Phantom

Adonal Foyle to Retire

Thanks, Adonal, for all your contributions on the court and off the court - you were a true professional and your humanitarian work has made the world a better place. Hopefully the Magic bring you back in some capacity and you continuing doing your good work!

Foyle was a bit more than a 3rd string center that never played. Very valuable locker room and bench guy.

The Magic aren't a young team anymore. There are plenty of veterans in the locker room. If they are that dependant on Adonal Foyle for leadership, there are serious issues.

i think he goes into politics. He's destined for more important things than another nba gig

If he was able to con the organization into giving him 1.3 million to sit on the bench, wear suits, and smile, I'm sure he would be great in politics.

Its to bad we didn't have the opportunity to see him play last year.

Yes, I would have loved to have seen the super slow motion AJ/Foyle pick and roll run just one more time. Ah, the memories.

I'll miss Adonal.. great guy, he held the "backup center" role down and bridged the Darko days to Gortat for us. I don't remember him complaining a bit once Gortat took his minutes. Also as well-documented, he provided great leadership for Dwight at times and was invaluable in practice.

Daniel Orton has some shoes to fill.

I agree with everything except.........."Horton"!!!!! I don't see the promise in this kid, and I don't think he can be mentioned in the same breath with Foyle, at this time. Foyle, although challenged, is a class act!

This guy was indeed a class act and from an out-of-state point of view, it looks like he did a lot of good for the community. He has a big heart and a great mind, hopefully he can continue to give Howard some sage advice from time to time. I wonder if the Magic will offer him a job of some kind.