Sign in to follow this  
BRich

Paul Hopes Dead?

Breaking: Hornets, Rockets, Pacers & Nets working on 4 team deal. Ariza to NO. C. Lee to HOU. Collison & Posey to IND. Murphy to NJ.

ChadFordInsider

So NO gets rid of a good young pg and a pf for a guy who did nothing last year in Houston?

I don't see how this makes NO better and only screws them for year after next when Paul leaves, which he is going to do I believe.

Even the cap space cleared by Posey isnt much I dont believe.

CP3 would be on the block if he pushed the issue some more, but he backed off and now the Hornets have no reason to deal him. This stuff is likely dead for a while.

The silver lining out of this, if things go sour for the Hornets this season and Paul demands a trade, the Hornets will be more willing to take Jameer back without Collison on the roster.

So NO gets rid of a good young pg and a pf for a guy who did nothing last year in Houston?

I don't see how this makes NO better and only screws them for year after next when Paul leaves, which he is going to do I believe.

Even the cap space cleared by Posey isnt much I dont believe.

You are kidding me right? They traded for Ariza. Now they have Ariza, Paul, Stojakovic and West. I guess that puts them in the playoffs now.

This is awful. New Orleans gave up their biggest trading chip and their 3rd worst contract for a chucker with a bad (and longer) contract. Everyone else wins, though.