Sign in to follow this  
nbr

NBA Elite 11

I don't really like the animation from EA all that much. I heard the the new control was supposed to be similar to FIFA's style but in the soccer/football games the animations of the players are much closer than what their NBA games produce. The animation from 2K will probably be better as always however, I'll check out Elite and probably buy it after 2K11 of course.

Never really got into the 2K series.

i got put off of the live series around 05 just hated how one sided the calls got especally when i lost games by 1-4 points after the computer had shot 30+ free throws compaired to my 2 attampts if i was lucky. i did enjoy 2k9 and 2k10.

i got put off of the live series around 05 just hated how one sided the calls got especally when i lost games by 1-4 points after the computer had shot 30+ free throws compaired to my 2 attampts if i was lucky. i did enjoy 2k9 and 2k10.

NBA live 10 is so one sided that it makes the game a joke, if you don't get home court you might as well just back out, especially if someone picks the cavs and they have home court it's almost impossible to win unless the kid sucks. They made the cavs so ridiculous in this game, like Lebron can drive to the basket every single play and will make it almost every time or he will get a foul, he is unguardable in this game and shack overpowers Dwight in this game and not to mention mo makes every single shot he takes. Literally the last game I played against the cavs at their home court, the kid drove to basket every single play and I had Dwight and Gortat foul out, Lebron had like 30 points in free throws no lie.

Another stupid thing in this game is all the missed dunks, I usually play with the magic and I swear Dwight misses like 4-5 wide open dunks a game and same with the others. Like you shouldn't miss a dunk on a fast break about 50% of the time, you literally have to be on a hot streak to make a dunk. This is the biggest thing I want them to fix in the next game, you should be able to make every single wide open dunk you take.

But anyways if NBA Elite isn't so one sided and you can actually dunk in this game then I will get it.

I go 2K all the way. Even the re-mapping of the control scheme of EA's Live series won't convince me to buy this game. 2K has done a great job at trying to get their product as realistic as possible. The only downside is the online experience (buggy), which, if I am not mistaken, will be fixed in the upcoming installment.

The last NBA Live game I really liked was NBA 2004 (VC cover). 2005 was good too. My favorite Live of all time is '98. They went with the player models in '98 for one year, then changed for the '99 and onward until 2002 where they changed a little bit, then again in 2004 and 2005. I remember averaging 50 PPG with Joe Dumars in '98 because he did not miss from 3.

The 2K series I have always enjoyed dating back to the Sega Dreamcast games. I went away from B-Ball games after 2K2 and Live '04 but returned with 2K9 cause it just looked so awesome.

There are some areas of Live that I like better then 2K and vice versa, but 2K series is overall a better product. I am interested in the new control system in Elite (which is basically a rip off from 2K, but I'm okay with that).

Unfortunately Elite will fall short no matter what they do because 2K11 has MJ.

I was just going to make a topic about this. I think if you buy NBA Elite 11 you get NBA Jam with it. http://www.1up.com/news/nba-jam-confirmed-xbox-360 It will come in a code you will have to enter or something and its free. Though, nobody knows yet if it will just be a trial version or the full game, it would be really awesome if it was the full game.

Basketball games usually suck but im kind of excited about NBA Elite 11. Supposively, they are totally revamping it and its going to be really different and actually take skill to be good at, unlike the others where you are just as good after a year as you were a week after buying it. As for 2k, I played it a long time ago and I enjoyed it more than NBA live but I havent played the latest versions. But ya, im pumped for October 5th when NBA Elite 11 comes out. Im growing weary of games that come out every year like Madden and Live/Elite etc. I swear they dont make any real updates for these games. Every Madden from 5 years till now seem like the exact same game only new options and a few new animations and they make a gazillion dollars every year because everyone thinks its a new game and last years is out of date. But ya im a fool I guess and im hoping NBA Elite 11 is going to be different than NBA live 10 which was pretty much the exact same as NBA live 09, 08, 07 with updated rosters and 2 new animations.

As usual I'll check out both demos but 2K11 be in my possession when it drops. Anyways, does anyone have confirmed DEMO release dates for both Elite 11 and 2K11? I'm sure its right around the corner since the games are due out next month.