Sign in to follow this  
howard is a beast

What Vince Carter Can Do

The theory continues that Vince will stray away from the paint the years add to his age.

Vince Carter is a great dunker and thats all he's really going to be known for. Carter is not a motivator or self motivated. You'll see him slap himself in the head to get himself in the game from time to time however, he's not emotionally attached to what we're trying to accomplish here with a aging owner, the top center, and the young talented Magic team. The emotional Dwight Howard and the skeptical fans of the forums convinced me that if Carter didn't get us to the Finals and past our opponent, it wouldn't be possible with him as our leading shooting guard.

Hedo Turkoglu sometimes cursed in his native turkish language. That to me shows that "you mad" and you have some emotion towards the game. I remember more crucial shots Hedo made that Vince Carter surely wouldn't and I truly believe he could. The feel is different in the final two minutes where I'm biting my nails because Carter has a high possibility of turning over the ball whereas Hedo takes an incredibly low percentage shot that miraculously goes in.

The truth is...Carter has no will, no drive, no heart, no passion to win overcome what makes other players great. Carter hasn't done anything I will remember..but dunk and put himself in a coma. Hell, Matt Barnes has given me more memories. This man is simply made of glass...slipping on one foot..grabbing the other. Fans get angry when Dwight gets frustrated even though he has a right to be. At least he doesn't completely disappear like Carter when the whistle isn't blowing in favor of the Star. This is another thing..that Hedo had but Carter didn't. I would see Hedo laugh at the bad calls or complain harder if it would get worse. Hedo even got thrown out of a game. Where's Carter? No seriously, where's Carter? :dustball: These are some of the characteristics stats won't show.

I really HOPE carter gets better next year...but....nah, just don't see it. I think last year was his last season was his last chance for that. Carter shouldn't hope. Vince Carter should want and need.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Everyone forgets how well VC was playing the entire regular season (except January obviously), especially after the all-star break. The playoffs roll around, Vince has 1 good series, and once we get eliminated, EVERYONE wants him to be traded (including myself). Some people even think Courtney Lee would be better than Vince. Yes, he sucked in the playoffs (although sometimes in the Boston series it seemed as if he was the only one who cared), but why does that just erase everything he did during the season? I don't know why Vince choked, but I feel that another season with the Magic, SVG using him differently, playing less minutes etc., will actually help him and he will have a better season and playoffs (if he is here and not traded).

His PPG, might go down, but I think his assist numbers could go up, he'll be more efficient, and just flow with the offense more. I also feel he will play better because he doesn't want to be traded to some s*** team at the deadline, and he will play with a chip on his shoulder. He knows he failed the team last season, and wants to prove he's better than that. He has heart for the game, regardless of what you guys think. Everyone likes to link sucking with having no heart, maybe he just sucked because he couldn't hit an open shot to save his life.

Could all this be wishful thinking? Yes. Obviously I want Vince to play well. Do I think that all this could quite possibly happen? Absolutely. If it doesn't, then ship his a** out. I'm not a VC fan, but I think he's getting ridiculously underrated since the playoffs.

The theory continues that Vince will stray away from the paint the years add to his age.

Vince Carter is a great dunker and thats all he's really going to be known for. Carter is not a motivator or self motivated. You'll see him slap himself in the head to get himself in the game from time to time however, he's not emotionally attached to what we're trying to accomplish here with a aging owner, the top center, and the young talented Magic team. The emotional Dwight Howard and the skeptical fans of the forums convinced me that if Carter didn't get us to the Finals and past our opponent, it wouldn't be possible with him as our leading shooting guard.

Hedo Turkoglu sometimes cursed in his native turkish language. That to me shows that "you mad" and you have some emotion towards the game. I remember more crucial shots Hedo made that Vince Carter surely wouldn't and I truly believe he could. The feel is different in the final two minutes where I'm biting my nails because Carter has a high possibility of turning over the ball whereas Hedo takes an incredibly low percentage shot that miraculously goes in.

The truth is...Carter has no will, no drive, no heart, no passion to win overcome what makes other players great. Carter hasn't done anything I will remember..but dunk and put himself in a coma. Hell, Matt Barnes has given me more memories. This man is simply made of glass...slipping on one foot..grabbing the other. Fans get angry when Dwight gets frustrated even though he has a right to be. At least he doesn't completely disappear like Carter when the whistle isn't blowing in favor of the Star. This is another thing..that Hedo had but Carter didn't. I would see Hedo laugh at the bad calls or complain harder if it would get worse. Hedo even got thrown out of a game. Where's Carter? No seriously, where's Carter? :dustball: These are some of the characteristics stats won't show.

I really HOPE carter gets better next year...but....nah, just don't see it. I think last year was his last season was his last chance for that. Carter shouldn't hope. Vince Carter should want and need.

this must be hedo writing this. sorry hedo, you have a new team now. try your best with them.

Everyone forgets how well VC was playing the entire regular season (except January obviously), especially after the all-star break. The playoffs roll around, Vince has 1 good series, and once we get eliminated, EVERYONE wants him to be traded (including myself). Some people even think Courtney Lee would be better than Vince. Yes, he sucked in the playoffs (although sometimes in the Boston series it seemed as if he was the only one who cared), but why does that just erase everything he did during the season? I don't know why Vince choked, but I feel that another season with the Magic, SVG using him differently, playing less minutes etc., will actually help him and he will have a better season and playoffs (if he is here and not traded).

His PPG, might go down, but I think his assist numbers could go up, he'll be more efficient, and just flow with the offense more. I also feel he will play better because he doesn't want to be traded to some s*** team at the deadline, and he will play with a chip on his shoulder. He knows he failed the team last season, and wants to prove he's better than that. He has heart for the game, regardless of what you guys think. Everyone likes to link sucking with having no heart, maybe he just sucked because he couldn't hit an open shot to save his life.

Could all this be wishful thinking? Yes. Obviously I want Vince to play well. Do I think that all this could quite possibly happen? Absolutely. If it doesn't, then ship his a** out. I'm not a VC fan, but I think he's getting ridiculously underrated since the playoffs.

well said

this must be hedo writing this. sorry hedo, you have a new team now. try your best with them.

hedopizza.jpg

He had a good series? Against the Hawks?

2 bad series is still bad compared to 1 mediocre one.

I don't understand what you are trying to argue. Are you trying to say that you don't think VC's Hawks series was good?

I don't understand what you are trying to argue. Are you trying to say that you don't think VC's Hawks series was good?

If your saying its was good, it wouldn't matter. The Hawks were dominated in that series in they didn't even try to play the Magic at even a mediocre level.

"The 43-point win was the Magic's second-largest margin of victory in a playoff game all-time and tied for the second-largest margin of victory in NBA history in Game 1 of a best-of-7 series. It was the Hawks' second-worst loss in their postseason history (worst is 58-point loss to the Lakers in 1956). " ~Sheridan~ http://espn.go.com/n...s-orlando-magic

"Orlando set a new NBA playoff record for the largest margin of victory in a four-game sweep." ~Dan Savage~ http://www.nba.com/m...ion_051010.html

Did Vince Carter have to put up any effort when the Hawks decided to mail it in since game one? Heck no. The Magic won that series by 101 points. Its amazing.

If your saying its was good, it wouldn't matter. The Hawks were dominated in that series in they didn't even try to play the Magic at even a mediocre level.

"The 43-point win was the Magic's second-largest margin of victory in a playoff game all-time and tied for the second-largest margin of victory in NBA history in Game 1 of a best-of-7 series. It was the Hawks' second-worst loss in their postseason history (worst is 58-point loss to the Lakers in 1956). " ~Sheridan~ http://espn.go.com/n...s-orlando-magic

"Orlando set a new NBA playoff record for the largest margin of victory in a four-game sweep." ~Dan Savage~ http://www.nba.com/m...ion_051010.html

Did Vince Carter have to put up any effort when the Hawks decided to mail it in since game one? Heck no. The Magic won that series by 101 points. Its amazing.

so a team dominating another team is bad. didnt vince shoot above 50 percent in that series. in the charlotte series didnt he hit some of the big shots, that help close them out. i dont understand your logic. there were times in the atlanta series where, vince took over. he did what he was supposed to do. i will give you the point that in the boston series he didnt always do what he was supposed to do. even if you are not getting the calls you should still continue to drive. he allowed the non calls to affect him, plus his jumper was off. boston also did a good job of shutting down the paint. i think that doc rivers had his team prepared. they knew what vince would do, after game 1, so they were ready 4 it. they adjusted, we didnt. series over. on to the next one.