Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Comedy skits

Seriously, I forgot about Hurt Locker! Maybe because it was so interesting

I mean, c'mon. It just won something because the director or something was a woman.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound rude but people nowadays jump on some things just because they're different

Like voting for Obama. Some people just went there and said, hey he's black let's vote. I don't think it was a wrong choice but don't choose something just because it's different. First you have to think about it.

PS: btw, people who believe in races among humans say I'm black

hurt locker was awesome

i saw it

i defend you and you say this :svgsad:

I saw it too, five was obviously a figurative number. My point was BMP's example of "The Dark Knight made a lot of money at the box office, that's why Ledger won an Oscar" is stupid. Twilight makes a lot of money, it's also a **** movie. Nobody (figuratively) saw The Hurt Locker, but it was awesome, and that's why it won Best Picture.

Throwing it out there, The Hurt Locker made $14.7mil. It went against the highest grossing film of all time and won.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I saw it too, five was obviously a figurative number. My point was BMP's example of "The Dark Knight made a lot of money at the box office, that's why Ledger won an Oscar" is stupid. Twilight makes a lot of money, it's also a **** movie. Nobody (figuratively) saw The Hurt Locker, but it was awesome, and that's why it won Best Picture.

Throwing it out there, The Hurt Locker made $14.7mil. It went against the highest grossing film of all time and won.

Jesus, do you even try to read? The numbers in money were to prove how many people saw it. If a lot of people see something, a lot of people are going to talk about. You hearing from 10 people about Heath Ledger being great doesn't always have to be because he's so good, but because so many people saw it, that there will be a bigger amount of people to talk about it. The fact that A LOT of people talked about it AND the fact that it was an incredible performance is what leads to him being praised more than others, NOT because he died.

I mentioned his nominations in Brokeback Mountain as a way to show how good of an actor he was even before he died (and The Dark Knight), but it wasn't until he was put in such a popular movie that he got recognition, which is true for almost any artist.

Akerfeldt could be one of the best musicians today. If he died next week, most people would still not care/hold him to higher standards. You know what would, though? If he started making appearances on MTV and the radio played Opeth all day and he went to tour with Metallica or some crap like that.

tl;dr Heath Ledger's death isn't what "propelled" his acting career, him being one of the biggest catalysts for the success of Dark Knight, an INCREDIBLY popular movie is what got him so famous.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If I were to say that Matt Geiger is the greatest basketball player of alltime, DOM would have an encyclopedia of stats to prove that Geiger is no where close to the greatest player ever.

How the hell did I get dragged into this?

Yeah, you have to manually do it. It's not like before.

How was it before? All I do is hit multiquote then hit add reply...

I meant on the old forums.

Oh, you're talking about quoting previous posts of another quote, not so much multiquote. Yeah, that crap was a bit annoying.