Sign in to follow this  
Hungry Hedo's

Dwight and Stan make "All-Overrated Team"

Center: Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic

Making movies in the offseason is obviously more important to him than working to improve his low-post offense, so it’s no surprise that Howard’s offense remains crude and is easily stymied by the better-coached teams in the league. In addition, Howard can’t complete complicated passes when two-timed; can be fouled for profit; is so eager to swat shots that smart teams can sucker him into following the bouncing ball; and is unable to contain opposing bigs who can turn, face and attack. Even so, Howard believes that he’s already the best he can be.

Coach: Stan Van Gundy, Orlando Magic

He's much too emotional on the bench, which sometimes causes him to lose his concentration. His offenses lack any element of surprise. He pleads with his players to follow his instructions instead of demanding the same. His in-game and between-game adjustments are too elementary. And Howard let the cat out of the bag last year when he indicated that SVG isn’t totally respected by his players.

Fox Sports Article

Notice CP3 is also on the list.

PG: Chris Paul

SG: Joe Johnson

SF: LeBron James

PF: Carlos Boozer

C: Howard

Coach: Stan Van Gundy

result: 100 championships

• Upvote 1

PG: Chris Paul

SG: Joe Johnson

SF: LeBron James

PF: Carlos Boozer

C: Howard

Coach: Stan Van Gundy

result: 100 championships

Well LeBron did promise not 5 not 6 not 7, but multiple championships. This must have been what he was thinking of.

is so eager to swat shots that smart teams can sucker him into following the bouncing ball;

"Alright Team, here is the plan. You! Yes, you! take it to the basket but let Dwight block your shot. The ball will go away from the basket and he will chase after it like a kid chasing a ball into the street. Then, one of our guys will get it before Dwight can, and then the lane will be wide open! It's guaranteed to work!"

Am I reading this wrong?

"Alright Team, here is the plan. You! Yes, you! take it to the basket but let Dwight block your shot. The ball will go away from the basket and he will chase after it like a kid chasing a ball into the street. Then, one of our guys will get it before Dwight can, and then the lane will be wide open! It's guaranteed to work!"

Am I reading this wrong?

mrburns.gif

Excellent

Don't forget VC as Joe Johnson's backup!

LBJ hasn't done ish yet

Deron is better than CP3 who is much more injury prone

VC hasn't lived to the expectations (Homer Simpson says: so far)

Joe Johnson is a prima donna

Dwight still has to improve offensively

SVG is stubborn, he had to sit VC a bit more and Barnes should never cover Pierce anymore, he should use Peaches

J-Kidd is not getting any younger

Al Jefferson, I don't need to say anything

Boozer is not in the league of Amare or Dirk

Bosh is worse than Amare or Dirk

Spot on list

• Downvote 10

Am I reading this wrong?

I think he was trying to say that Howard over-commits to help-defense at times, leaving his own man open.

That's not really true to the extent Rosen is trying to portray, but at this point Rosen is basically the Armond White of basketball analysis, so it's hard to take anything he says seriously. I mean, we're talking about a guy who once said that Karl Malone would've never been an all star without John Stockton, even though Stockton himself has said on multiple occasions that it's much closer to the other way around.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget VC as Joe Johnson's backup!

LBJ hasn't done ish yet

Deron is better than CP3 who is much more injury prone

VC hasn't lived to the expectations (Homer Simpson says: so far)

Joe Johnson is a prima donna

Dwight still has to improve offensively

SVG is stubborn, he had to sit VC a bit more and Barnes should never cover Pierce anymore, he should use Peaches

J-Kidd is not getting any younger

Al Jefferson, I don't need to say anything

Boozer is not in the league of Amare or Dirk

Bosh is worse than Amare or Dirk

Spot on list

I really hope you're kidding.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think he was trying to say that Howard over-commits to help-defense at times, leaving his own man open.

That's not really true to the extent Rosen is trying to portray, but at this point Rosen is basically the Armond White of basketball analysis, so it's hard to take anything he says seriously. I mean, we're talking about a guy who once said that Karl Malone would've never been an all star without John Stockton, even though Stockton himself has said on multiple occasions that it's much closer to the other way around.

Agreed.

I guess we forget about taking into consideration the other 4 defenders on the floor with Dwight... Shard, Vince, and Nelson aren't exactly going to make All-Defensive teams. And now that Matt Barnes (The best defender on the team, remember?!?) is gone, it's all Dwight!