Sign in to follow this  
Penny Hardaway's Ghost

Magic to re-sign Jason Williams

If you want to talk about young pg's who could blossom in a few years, then what about Randle who played on our summer league team this year. He is lightening quick and looks to be a leader and a good shooter. He would dribble circles around JWill. And much cheaper. But Oh I forgot the Magic don't develop young players unless they are a top five pick in the draft.

Gortat and JJ disagree.

Why do we need a young 3rd string PG? Jameer is our PG going forward for years to come unless we trade for Paul or something, and Duhon is one of three players that is actually under contract past Dwight and Rashard. They both are young and probably are our two PGs for years. We need a veteran locker room presence who is capable of playing backup minutes here or there incase of an injury. JWill fits the role perfectly, and he won't get worn down like he did last year. I'm glad we kept him.

Why do we need a young 3rd string PG? Jameer is our PG going forward for years to come unless we trade for Paul or something, and Duhon is one of three players that is actually under contract past Dwight and Rashard. They both are young and probably are our two PGs for years. We need a veteran locker room presence who is capable of playing backup minutes here or there incase of an injury. JWill fits the role perfectly, and he won't get worn down like he did last year. I'm glad we kept him.

develop tradable assets who could play above their salary.

develop tradable assets who could play above their salary.

There is no gurantee we could sign some young guy nobody wants and he ends up being good enough to be trade bait. We know what we are getting out of JWill, and that's more important right now. If Jameer or Duhon get injured, I'd like a reliable player to step in and be able to give us solid minutes.

I think the Magic may have the best point guard depth from top to bottom in the league. When your 3rd string guard is capable of starting 10 games without a significant drop in production, your team is looking pretty good.

Chicago has a good PG situation going on with Rose, C.J., and Acie Law. But yes, I am very happy with what we have at PG. Would've loved Chris Paul to be here, but that has came and gone.

We have an all-star caliber starter, a starter caliber backup, and a backup level bench warmer. Loving it, just hope everyone stays healthy this year when we make a run for that trophy.

I like our PG depth now. It's been a long time since we had a PG rotation that I was satisfied with.

PG: Nelson - Duhon - Williams - Redick

SG: Carter - Redick - Pietrus - Richardson

SF: Richardson - Pietrus - Lewis - Anderson - Carter

PF: Lewis - Bass - Anderson - Gortat

C: Howard - Gortat - Orton

That's a pretty solid rotation. Now we just have to hope that Vince can undo his last year, Bass to find his niche with the team, Dwight to show us more of his postgame and Lewis to step out of his funk. Oh and Meer to stay healthy, but expect his annual 15-20 game injury to strike late January.

Ugh, those 3 months of waiting are going to be long. Looooooong.

That's a pretty solid rotation. Now we just have to hope that Vince can undo his last year, Bass to find his niche with the team, Dwight to show us more of his postgame and Lewis to step out of his funk. Oh and Meer to stay healthy, but expect his annual 15-20 game injury to strike late January.

That is a LOT to ask for, but I hope we can do it. Jameer has been so injury prone in his career he might be Mick Foley, and Carter, prove me wrong my man.

shooter' date='04 August 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1280943313' post='566354']

That is a LOT to ask for, but I hope we can do it. Jameer has been so injury prone in his career he might be Mick Foley, and Carter, prove me wrong my man.

I am highly optimistic it will all work out. Then again, I am highly optimistic I'm winning millions in the lottery every single week so don't count on my optimism.

View Postfan for too long, on 03 August 2010 - 06:23 PM, said:

If you want to talk about young pg's who could blossom in a few years, then what about Randle who played on our summer league team this year. He is lightening quick and looks to be a leader and a good shooter. He would dribble circles around JWill. And much cheaper. But Oh I forgot the Magic don't develop young players unless they are a top five pick in the draft.

Reply by WPMagic:

Gortat and JJ disagree.

Player draft pick #

Chris Corchiani #36

Geert Hammink 26

Brooks Thompson 27

Rodney Dent 31

David Vaughn 25

Brian Evans 27

Ama McCaskill 49

Johnny Taylor 17

Eric Washington 47