Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Anderson Hard at Work This Offseason

It's a shame this thread reminded me about our rotation problems.

That's why I'm still a firm believer that we can lose 2 or 3 good bench players if it nets us back a legit star or above average player who could fill a position of need in the starting lineup.

What's the use of having all this depth if some guys get 10-12 minutes a game and some don't even play. I get they're are injuries, but come on people. We are stacked down to our 12th man. Last year it was awesome since our bench has always been atrocious. But after seeing Bass rack up all those DNP's, it's a bit frustrating that we have to go through that once again. And this time we have 2 guys getting paid WAY too much to ride the bench or play 12 mpg.

It's nice to have that kind of depth in the regular season (injuries/rest), but it becomes useless in the playoffs when the rotation is cut down to 7-8 guys. But hey, it's kind of hard to argue against a stacked team.

We didn't spend all of that money to match Redick to not have him playing, especially when he's better than both Carter and Richardson.

I think that claim is a bit far-fetched, but it's true, Redick would get the short end of the stick. In my ideal world, Pietrus would be the one out of the rotation. No more jacking up awful shots all game long.

• Downvote 2

It's nice to have that kind of depth in the regular season (injuries/rest), but it becomes useless in the playoffs when the rotation is cut down to 7-8 guys. But hey, it's kind of hard to argue against a stacked team.

I hope we realize that the 7-8 man rotation in the playoffs does not have to be the same players in every series. I believe we can use the bench to our advantage in both the regular season and in the playoffs.

And I'm really happy that Anderson is working hard because we're going to need him.

Homosexuality has prolly been around at least 25 years, its still pretty gay.

:svgsad:

you've

been

spoiled!

• Upvote 2

Already gave out 2 reps today, lol.

Totally agree with Dub. Anderson's #1 weakness is strength. Getting stronger is what took J.J. to another level, hopefully the same thing happens to Anderson. He's a good three ball shooter, decent off the drive, pretty good in the post, and a very good offensive rebounder. It's him getting bullied on defense that's been hard to keep him in the game at times. If he can "hold his own" defensively next season, that'll go a long way towards keeping him on the floor and making him a key part of what we do throughout the season, not just early in the season like last year.

Right now, assuming no Paul/Iggy or whatever kind of super-trade..

C. Dwight/Gortat/Orton

PF. Bass/Anderson (or Anderson/Bass)/Shard

SF. Shard/Pietrus/Q-Rich

SG. VC/Redick/Pietrus

PG. Jameer/Duhon/3rd PG

Q-Rich would be good injury insurance for the moment.. he's ring chasing for about 3 mil a year, if he doesn't play some games it's not the end of the world. Another reason why I wouldn't mind at all if VC was traded. We'd have Shard, Redick, Pietrus, & Q-Rich to man the wing positions.

Yeah, I'm back on my Shard should start at SF bandwagon.. Between Bass, Anderson, & Q-Rich someone's probably not making the steady rotation. I think I'd rather that be Q-Rich for now. But should any wing player get hurt (and between Vince & Pietrus, I'm betting some games will be missed), he'll be ready to slide in without a huge drop off.

• Downvote 1

The amount of butt kissing awarded to moderators is astounding.

If you're talking abotu Dan, he is not a mod, he is the system admin, the one guy here who is actually employed by the organization.

If you're talking abotu Dan, he is not a mod, he is the system admin, the one guy here who is actually employed by the organization.

Hey, let's not get caught up in the facts you butt kisser!