Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Anderson Hard at Work This Offseason

This offseason has been all about blood, sweat and tears for Ryan Anderson.

Literally.

The Magic forward, who’s about to enter into his third NBA season, recently emerged from the RDV Sportsplex training room with blood dripping down his brow. He’d been intensely working out all day and finally fatigue caught up with him. During an early afternoon lifting session, he banged a weight off the top of his nose, splitting the lower part of his brow.

While that incident might force some players to call it quits, Anderson paid it no mind and ventured off to his third workout session of the day, boxing at a local gym.

After all, it’s become habitual this offseason for Anderson to take part in a vigorous three-a-day training routine that features lifting, shooting and various cardio/core workouts.

“I’m really trying to work to get stronger and get faster,” he explained. “Next year is going to be a big year for everybody, so I just want to be as ready as possible coming in.”

Full Story:

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/savage_anderson_offseason_update_073010.html

• Upvote 21
  • Downvote 1

Thanks, Dan. I wish I could give out more positive reps a day, the good posts such as this one are getting left out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i like it, itellya. meanwhile, VC is chillin in his lazyboy countin his money and getting hurt walking to and from the can.

I'm really happy to see Ryan is putting in the hard work. I was hoping he would follow JJ's lead and come back fitter and stronger.

Now if only the new season would hurry up and arrive!

Thanks, Dan. I wish I could give out more positive reps a day, the good posts such as this one are getting left out.

Good to hear Ryan is busting his hump to improve. That's all you can ask for.

I agree with BMP. If there is a way to raise the limit or make it unlimited (I'm sure people would abuse that, but maybe we could try the honor system), that would be great.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Great post.

Good to see players recognize the need to get better. This hunger will no doubt make him a better player in the future and pay benefits to us (if we keep him or someone else if we decide to put him in a package for a star now).

Good job, Rhyno.

hopefully this kid is beasting next season

looks like the entire squad has been working hard this summer....well..........most of the squad.

• Downvote 6

This coaching staff and front office has set up an environment where hard work is contagious. All these guys work their butts off to get better every year. That kind of attitude gives you a chance every year to win.

This coaching staff and front office has set up an environment where hard work is contagious. All these guys work their butts off to get better every year. That kind of attitude gives you a chance every year to win.

I'm sure he wasn't pleased with his lack of playing time once :shard: came back. It's probably a good thing he became such good friends with JJ, who went through something similar and is a good example of what working hard will do for you on this team.

three training sessions a day is impressive, im debating whether to just have the one today ha. Glad to know he's working on his speed and who knows, if Rashard is spending most of his time at the 3 then there may be some playing time for him if he keeps at it. Just happy knowing that the team are working real hard at the minute.