quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Audi:

im suprised people have been so forgiving of CLee's missed layup.

its not like he had a wide open layup.

It was an alley oop on a last second play that he caught almost behind the backboard. He was being held and had to toss up a quick attempt as his momentum was carrying him out of bounds.

And Gasol was hanging on the rim, but you can't call goaltending in the last minute of a game. SMDH.

i don't think we've found clee's speed and athletic ability at that position as of yet, jj is fine, but you can't teach that kind of speed and jumping ability vince... can stay in front of some people? i wouldn't care who started if in some imaginary fantasy land where we traded vc for clee straight up, but having a clee around to hound people and lead a fast break would be nice to have again.

I wish the Niets would give us C Lee back for RA straight up.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

whoever said Lee can provide a similiar offense to JJ is wrong. JJ has a midrange jumpshot that he can hit off screens that we used often, something Lee is not capable of.

:12; 1:10; 1:17; 1:28; 2:14; 3:32; 3:35; 3:40; 4:14; I dont need to watch the last 2:30 of the video, i made my point. JJ is a better player in every way besides not being black. except cutting to the basket, breaking players down off of the dribble and playing defense

he's a better shooter not really , better 3 pt shooter JJ's best shooting year is only .1% better than Lee , better bball IQ not really measurable , better passer (I saw games where hed rack up asssists w/ chance tho stats prolly dont show it), comparable defensively, better team defender wrong , stronger wrong , can dribble better not really. they're both in the same tier with this skill set. .

the only thing Id give Lee is speed and finishing at the rim and jumping. but yeah speed jumping and finishing at the rim has nothing to do with basketball. .

Knowing Nets fans, everyone hated Lee and he has become a player no one really wants on their team while JJ has become a player raising heads.

quote:
Lee, unfortunately, was given a role that we all knew he was not going to be able to fulfill adequately (replacing Vince Carter) in his second season in the NBA. Net fans had been spoiled in recent years in finding instant impact players in trades maneuvered by Thorn (see Kidd, Carter, Harris, Nachbar deals); consequently, many assumed Lee would transform overnight from a 7-8 PPG scorer to a 15-17 PPG scorer simply because he became the Nets new starting shooting guard. Yet, towards the end of the season, Lee produced and showed flashes of why Thorn and Co. were so high on him post-Carter deal. Lee can hit the outside and mid-range jumper, however, it seems that pre-season and training camp injuries prevented him from getting into stride all season long. Furthermore, Lee can defend; he is quick and mobile and uses his athleticism to make up for his lack of height for his position. http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/...ourtney-lee-coverage

edit: and for the last time Lee's final second layup should have been easily made and their is no excuse and ppl trying to defend it look stupid. it's never easy to convert on an alley oop off of an inbounds pass with 1/2 of a second left in an nba finals game when your defender holds on to you and the pass is put in the wrong area (behind the backboard)

quote:

no... like C Lee or not. That was an easy *** layup and he was wide open. He could have layed it up but didnt try to until he was behind the backboard for some reason.

and not many remember that a pocession or two earlier he missed a literally wide open layup on a cut to the basket.

Wasn't that easy. The success depended on timing and Kobe threw it off by holding him. Besides, they probably would've called offensive goal-tending or something had he made it Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

CLee started ahead of 3rd year pro Redick as a rook...how is this a debate?

Murphy...

quote:

I'm not saying Lee wouldn't be the starter, but JJ has improved a lot in the last year.

quote:

Because VCdaCarter, Thuglife, and Murphy are bots created by the mods to create debate on the board.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

Because VCdaCarter, Thuglife, and Murphy are bots created by the mods to create debate on the board.

no if you like one person on the team enough you'll sabotage, or have pure hatred, for anyone at the same position on the team... at that point your not being a very good fan of the team.

quote:

whoever said Lee can provide a similiar offense to JJ is wrong. JJ has a midrange jumpshot that he can hit off screens that we used often, something Lee is not capable of. JJ is a better player in every way besides not being black.

he's a better shooter, better 3 pt shooter, better bball IQ, better passer (I saw games where hed rack up asssists w/ chance tho stats prolly dont show it), comparable defensively, better team defender, stronger, can dribble better.

the only thing Id give Lee is speed and finishing at the rim.

Knowing Nets fans, everyone hated Lee and he has become a player no one really wants on their team while JJ has become a player raising heads.

edit: and for the last time Lee's final second layup should have been easily made and their is no excuse and ppl trying to defend it look stupid.

Well....You just lost all credibility

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

whoever said Lee can provide a similiar offense to JJ is wrong. JJ has a midrange jumpshot that he can hit off screens that we used often, something Lee is not capable of. JJ is a better player in every way besides not being black.

he's a better shooter, better 3 pt shooter, better bball IQ, better passer (I saw games where hed rack up asssists w/ chance tho stats prolly dont show it), comparable defensively, better team defender, stronger, can dribble better.

the only thing Id give Lee is speed and finishing at the rim.

edit: and for the last time Lee's final second layup should have been easily made and their is no excuse and ppl trying to defend it look stupid.

Well....You just lost all credibility

less and less people are getting what one player does in a ****ty situation like new jersey can't be compared to another, the nets wanted clee for a reason, we made him look like a stud, more or less because his game fit perfectly here, more so than alot of other shoot guards. speed, shot, defense, hustle, i'm looking out for the next clee so we can have all the tools necessary to make it to the ship again.