Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

Knicks have absolutely nothing to trade. No players, no future picks. Can't see NO trading CP3 for a str8 up salary dump.

Lakers are pretty limited to offering Andrew Bynum & future picks.

Up to Otis to put together a better deal than LA can offer & make this happen!

Further, put me in the camp that thinks taking on Okafor would be a positive if SVG would commit to playing him together with Dwight.

We most definitely have the most to offer to NO. Vince's expiring gets them off the books after 1 year and they have cap space to rebuild with okafor gone as well.

As far as People talking about the Lakers trading Bynum and NO taking him over The Hammer? I dont think Bynum is that great of a deal. First off think about it. What made the lakers back to back champs was there front line and of coarse the Mamba/ If they are shopping him dont you see the red flag? His health will be an issue from here on out. the hammer has Never had any major injury's and runs 100 times better than Bynum.

If cp3 actually comes here i think we would benefit by keeping Lewis. defenses will have NO CHOICE but to collapse on cp3 driving the lane and with d12 already waiting for a lob or rebound Lewis could avg 30 a game in that scenario

I hope this dream comes true!

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNative72:

We most definitely have the most to offer to NO. Vince's expiring gets them off the books after 1 year and they have cap space to rebuild with okafor gone as well.

As far as People talking about the Lakers trading Bynum and NO taking him over The Hammer? I dont think Bynum is that great of a deal. First off think about it. What made the lakers back to back champs was there front line and of coarse the Mamba/ If they are shopping him dont you see the red flag? His health will be an issue from here on out. the hammer has Never had any major injury's and runs 100 times better than Bynum.

If cp3 actually comes here i think we would benefit by keeping Lewis. defenses will have NO CHOICE but to collapse on cp3 driving the lane and with d12 already waiting for a lob or rebound Lewis could avg 30 a game in that scenario

Rashard is that you?

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Join the wagon I'm in. It involves us getting Paul, getting rid of Wincent and Gortat, and keeping Meer. Have Paul play 30 mpg and Meer play 18mpg, and both could just go balls out. Have Chris Paul during crunch time for obvious reasons.

If they'd take Vince and Gortat, I'm sure that they'd take Meer instead of Vince unless they really want his expiring. We have a great backup PG as it is and if Vince stays it's that much better.

CP3 can take the game over late and handle the ball and Vince really doesn't have pressure or need to be the closer. Vince isn't our number 2 guy or that guy that has to put us over the top anymore, and I think that's great for us and for him. Vince would be an amazing role player and third option to CP3 and Dwight.

Basically, if you're bringing in CP3, get rid of Jameer. Plus, Jameer doesn't have a good history of having to fight for the number 1 spot. Seems to bring out the worst in him.

That's just crazy talk. If the Hornets seriously wanted to trade for Paul, that would mean going into full rebuild mode and nothing says rebuild like a guy who can put up numbers for a year and then open up $18mil in cap space.

I was definitely just wanting too much. Chris Paul AND Jameer wouldn't happen, either because the Hornets took Meer, or because Otis then used Meer to acquire another player.

In a perfect world, I'd have Meer backing up Paul. Realistically, we're not getting Paul at all, and a pipe dream would being able to get Chris Paul for Meer (Frowner ) and Wincent ( Big Party )

I'll be fine with whatever the outcome is, though.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNative72:

Are you Rashard Lewis?

Whether or not this trade goes down all hinges on Chris Paul, he has to insist that he will not resign with them. Their ownership has to feel like trading him is the only way to get value in return without letting him walk for nothing. The only thing is teams usually let the good trade go by and then take the second less attractive trade. Member when the Suns offered Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion for Mcgrady and then we ended up with Francis, Cato, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Knicks have absolutely nothing to trade. No players, no future picks. Can't see NO trading CP3 for a str8 up salary dump.

Lakers are pretty limited to offering Andrew Bynum & future picks.

Up to Otis to put together a better deal than LA can offer & make this happen!

Further, put me in the camp that thinks taking on Okafor would be a positive if SVG would commit to playing him together with Dwight.

Word, Kitno...