Sign in to follow this  
ManuGinobili

FIBA World Championship 2010

Sorry but that French lineup would beat Raps and Twolves any day of the week.

easily, and maybe a January Orlando Magic too.

Sorry but that French lineup would beat Raps and Twolves any day of the week.

That team would struggle to score 80 points a game and that's with Tony Parker going off every game. It would also be a terrible rebounding team without any real defensive length other than Noah. They are talented enough to beat an NBA team but I seriously doubt they would be consistently better than any of them.

That team would struggle to score 80 points a game and that's with Tony Parker going off every game. It would also be a terrible rebounding team without any real defensive length other than Noah. They are talented enough to beat an NBA team but I seriously doubt they would be consistently better than any of them.

I'd take them in a seven-game series against the Wolves, which is a testament to how awful they truly are.

See you Brazil!!!

37 by Scola, including 6 in the last minute and a steal

Delfino 20

Marcelinho, pg from Brazil, is amazing too

Splitter not so much. Varejao played very good D

Also very good Jasen, down by 6 he hit two consecutive 3s in the 4th.

See you Brazil!!!

37 by Scola, including 6 in the last minute and a steal

Delfino 20

Marcelinho, pg from Brazil, is amazing too

Splitter not so much. Varejao played very good D

Also very good Jasen, down by 6 he hit two consecutive 3s in the 4th.

Yeah, it was a very nice competitive game :) Scola was a real beast with his mid range jumpshots :) As i understand, you're Argentinian or Argentina's fan, so what are your thoughts before facing my country - Lithuania? :)

Yeah, it was a very nice competitive game :) Scola was a real beast with his mid range jumpshots :) As i understand, you're Argentinian or Argentina's fan, so what are your thoughts before facing my country - Lithuania? :)

I think very difficult game, we have to find a way to slow down Kleiza, because our D is not at its best lately. You guys are stronger physically than us, but we are quicker.

Also, you are gonna have to find a way to destroy the pick & roll between Prigioni and Scola, and keep Delfino from going off.

It is impossible to predict a winner, but I say chances are 50-50 now.

I think very difficult game, we have to find a way to slow down Kleiza, because our D is not at its best lately. You guys are stronger physically than us, but we are quicker.

Also, you are gonna have to find a way to destroy the pick & roll between Prigioni and Scola, and keep Delfino from going off.

It is impossible to predict a winner, but I say chances are 50-50 now.

Agreed :) Kleiza is our leader for sure, but you'll have to remember that Maciulis and Kalnietis can also play inside and outside. We have some shooters, who have been struggling, but against China, one of them, Gecevicius, showed that his shape is going up :)

What scares me the most, are those Scola's mid-range jumpers, coming off pick'n'roll and Delfino's slashes to the rim or shooting insane 3's.

I'm looking forward to that game, and it's really nice to see, that 2004 olympic champions respect you and says, that it will be a difficult game, especially, when our country is so small :)

Hoping a good competitive game :)

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/19738/scola-unstoppable-vs-brazil-moray-says-in-video-game-god-mode

ISTANBUL, Turkey -- I don't usually let others write my ledes for me, but I'll make an exception in this case and relay what Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey tweeted after watching Luis Scola dominate down the stretch of Argentina's 93-89 victory over Brazil: "Scola goes into video game god mode to finish off Brazil. Wow."

Wow indeed.

Scola made Argentina's last five field goals, didn't miss a shot in the fourth quarter and scored 37 points on 14-for-20 shooting Tuesday night. He also had two assists and a key late steal in one of the more dominating performances I've ever witnessed by a single player in an international basketball game. (Sadly, I only watched Oscar Schmidt of Brazil play in person in 1996, at the tail end of his career).

"It was an amazing basketball game. I wish I was neither Argentinian nor Brazilian so I could have watched the game and enjoyed it from that perspective," said Scola, the leading scorer by far in this tournament with an average of 30.4 points per game.

This was simply a wonderful game to witness (in the U.S. you can watch a replay by clicking here), a dogfight in which neither team led by more than seven points, and it left me wondering two things:

How are the Americans going to defend Scola if they go up against him in the semifinals? (The U.S. needs to defeat Russia, and Argentina must beat Lithuania in order for that to happen.)

Why isn't Brazilian point guard Marcelo Huertas, who had 32 points on 10-of-16 shooting, in the NBA?

Agreed :) Kleiza is our leader for sure, but you'll have to remember that Maciulis and Kalnietis can also play inside and outside. We have some shooters, who have been struggling, but against China, one of them, Gecevicius, showed that his shape is going up :)

What scares me the most, are those Scola's mid-range jumpers, coming off pick'n'roll and Delfino's slashes to the rim or shooting insane 3's.

I'm looking forward to that game, and it's really nice to see, that 2004 olympic champions respect you and says, that it will be a difficult game, especially, when our country is so small :)

Hoping a good competitive game :)

Actually, I paid a lot of attention to the Lithuanian team in World Cup 06, didnt you guys have a guard named Jasikevisius and two twin brothers that played pretty well? I havent followed your team a lot this WC in Turkey, so I dont know if they are still on the team.

I used like to see Lithuania playing, they didnt rely on individualities, they were more complete, had good bigs and drained the ocassional 3pt. What I didnt like is that I remember their PG played at a very slow pace (a la Chauncey Billups). Kind of what Prigioni does for us, but not so slow.

Anyway, I dont know if this how your team is still playing, but is what I remember.