Sign in to follow this  
Do da john wall

3rd string pg options pg 7

quote:
Originally posted by Scalphunter:

yesss now we're paying 14 million for a back up guard. If we keep making moves like this we will have no money when dwight is a free agent and we will end up like cleveland.

We probably have the most expensive bench in the league.

Your an iddiot, go look up the expected salaries for the year(s) dwight can become a FA, we have most of our team's contracts expiring then. The fact that Redick's contract is only a 3year one (which you would imagine that maybe Redick insisted on)(and compared to most FA's signing 5yr contracts) allows magic to have a lot of flexibility / money for 2012-13 offseasons especially with Lewis's contract coming to an end.

I love that they are bringing him back, its hard to find a player with his work ethic, and he fits in to this system perfectly.

Otis has done a wonderful job. He knows that this offseason it would ruin this team if we went all out. I just know that he will be preparing for Dwights FA year whether that be 2012 or 2013. Then Otis will have the money to be able to satisfy Howard and bring in another star player, resign Lewis for cheap.

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

quote:
Originally posted by Scalphunter:

yesss now we're paying 14 million for a back up guard. If we keep making moves like this we will have no money when dwight is a free agent and we will end up like cleveland.

We probably have the most expensive bench in the league.

Your an iddiot, go look up the expected salaries for the year(s) dwight can become a FA, we have most of our team's contracts expiring then. The fact that Redick's contract is only a 3year one (which you would imagine that maybe Redick insisted on)(and compared to most FA's signing 5yr contracts) allows magic to have a lot of flexibility / money for 2012-13 offseasons especially with Lewis's contract coming to an end.

I love that they are bringing him back, its hard to find a player with his work ethic, and he fits in to this system perfectly.

Otis has done a wonderful job. He knows that this offseason it would ruin this team if we went all out. I just know that he will be preparing for Dwights FA year whether that be 2012 or 2013. Then Otis will have the money to be able to satisfy Howard and bring in another star player, resign Lewis for cheap.

^This

For those of you who had wondered when Redick had signed the offer sheet it was Sat not Friday. Found this at ESPN.

And as I have mentioned he is still on his honeymoon apparently the hacks at O.S. didn't get that news. Remember they wrote that they had called Redick and he didn't call back (Shaking head at how stupid can they get over there).

This is from ESPN Chicago

"Bad news for all you Bulls fans who have been on J.J. Redick watch for the past few days: According to Bulls management, the actual deadline to see whether or not the Orlando Magic match the offer sheet that Redick signed with the team is actually Saturday, not Friday. Either way, Redick will be a rich man once he returns to the States from his European honeymoon."

As you can tell this writer for espn is still in denial lol.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicag...r-redick-is-saturday