Sign in to follow this  
magic_fan1

Heat Rivalry? Really?

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

The rivalry heated up a lot during the Shaq years, he and Zo had some epic wars in the paint.

The problem is for most of our existence when one team is good, the other stinks. But you when you think about it, who else could you call our biggest rival?

Yeah - back in the day, this was a real rivalry. Then it died pretty much immediately when Shaq left and then Tim Hardaway retired.

Then the Heat sucked for a while, we sucked for a while, etc.

Then they got Wade and were way better, then got Shaq and won the championship, while the Magic straight-up sucked.

Now? We both have good teams. Should be fun.

I've NEVER like Riley, either - hated that jackhole since he was sitting on the sidelines in LA.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i've never heard of a rivalry yet, it will happen in the coming years, usually one team is great while the other is horrible. we end up wishing each other well in the playoffs, we're both florida teams, we don't get much media coverage unless we have a superstar on our squad, and our rivalry mostly concerns college football, and if your somewhere local, high school football, that's the religion here.

i know right... ive been a die hard heat fan, and though ive dealt with misery from loses from ORL especially in 99-01 around there, where you guys disqualified us from the playoffs, but we werent really that extraordinary.

Still personally I like Dwight Howard and his game. When ever my heat gets knock out i usually tend to root for any FLORIDA team, unless its those crappy seminoles.

I think there definitely will be a rivalry now. In the past, one team was usually better then the other so it wasn't much of a rivalry really. Now that both teams are as good as they are, considering that both are in the same state, there will definitely be a rivalry. It will HEAT up more when they play in the conference finals Smiler.

What about my generous proposal? Are you in or are you out?

It's you who's out, Gobby; out of your mind!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I could squash you like a bug right now, but I'm offering you a choice. Join me! Imagine what we could accomplish together... what we could create. Or we could destroy! Cause the deaths of countless innocents in selfish battle again and again and again until we're both dead! Is that what you want?

you forgot the "Think about it Hero" Part

Posted July 16, 2010 06:35 PM Hide Post

stuckey=slasher creates excellent defense mismatch against every point guard and only 2.7 million

CARTER=WE KNOW what he does

PRINCE=tall good defense 3 pont shooter and last year of ontract

LEWIS=we know what he does

D12=NO words

bench

DUHON=PASS DEFENSE hustle

pietrus=3 points athletic good defense

richardson=3 points defense hates celtics

wilcox=big defense cheap

kwame brown=excellent on defense bad on offense

its like a 75 million dollars team

that would have for next year 28 millions comming of the books when melo is a free agent

and i think this lineup could win to every team in the league

I am only a Magic fan, but there have been times where there isn't a game on so I'll watch Miami, I never though of them as a rival...but Now i hope we beat them, but it will be fun to watch, this is a front office thing to sell more tickets.....

Just think of how many 'loose fans' we have gained simply because we are the Heat's rivals.

I mean - you KNOW every Cavs fan is now a Magic fan by default (when we aren't playing the Cavs, of course).