Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic to hire Van Gundy? [official thread]

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

Defensive tenacity - are you kidding me - we were terrible defensively

You know, I heard that harped all season, I think it was just looking for that bit of sunshine on a rainy day...

I dont remember us being stellar at all, of course maybe alot of that has to do with us turning the ball over 20 plus a game and them getting out on us and finding the guy who was lapsing on D or whatnot.

I wouldnt call anything the Magic did this past year tenacious.. It wasnt in the system to be tenacious at either end.. Fault:BHill

Well looks like Wednesday will be the day to find out whats going to happen

Espn just updated its coverage

quote:
Billy Donovan and the Orlando Magic are getting closer to finalizing their divorce.

Sources told ESPN.com that negotiations were continuing in earnest on Tuesday. The Magic and Donovan both want to move on and as of late Tuesday both sides were trying to work out details of terminating the contract that the coach signed on Friday. The likelihood is that all issues will be resolved by Wednesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2892797

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael17222:

Being a Magic fan I just have issues having to "Settle" for a Miami Heat reject.

I can hear the Miami Heat fans at the Amway arena now. You guys think they were brutal before?

Miami is in decline - too bad for Wade, but Orlando is on the way up - provided Dwight signs the extension, Darko is resigned or we get a heck of a deal in a sign and trade - a big time player and if we pick up VC or someone like him - we will be looking pretty strong.

Until we start kicking their behinds on a regular basis!

This is the very thing that we need...we need to win...and then we need to win again, SVG will have something to prove about the power play that he (Riley) pulled on SVG.........I can't wait!

Knappy, I would suggest decline/denial....!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

Well looks like Wednesday will be the day to find out whats going to happen

Espn just updated its coverage

quote:
Billy Donovan and the Orlando Magic are getting closer to finalizing their divorce.

Sources told ESPN.com that negotiations were continuing in earnest on Tuesday. The Magic and Donovan both want to move on and as of late Tuesday both sides were trying to work out details of terminating the contract that the coach signed on Friday. The likelihood is that all issues will be resolved by Wednesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2892797

hallelujah!!!

Lets get this mess behind us and and get to hirin SVG before we end up with BJ CarlisiBlow!

I really dont want to have to make another signature banner. especially with ole PJ on it.

quote:
Originally posted by JC Aponte:

Hey!!!!!!!!! Dude abides...your banner is wrong you forgot Carlos Arroyo ..or you are coming out of the closet as an Arroyo hater ?

Well, its a work in progress... and just to stay on topic of this thread and to let you know about the banner, It used to have Billy D in there.. changed to SVG.....See, its a work in progress, everyone is on their own layers and can be, and most likely shifted around a bit as we learn exactly what direction we are going.. CA, Bogans, Pat G, Battie, Auggie and Bo didnt quite "fit".. Im sure its a changin, we got FA and maybe some one from the draft making the team, maybe Gortat??? who knows how all this plays out. whoever makes it thru the summer will be there. Its gonna hafta change alot either way, we just cant roster 20 guys. Once SVG gets here, , I expect him to have some say in the direction and process ..be it FA , draft, sign and trade, caproom etc...

Uh oh. Take at look at this updated Orlando Sentinel article:

quote:
Orlando Magic offer Stan Van Gundy coaching job; Heat may seek compensation for ex-coach

The Orlando Magic have offered their head coaching job to Stan Van Gundy, but signing him to a contract may not be easy.

The Miami Heat on Tuesday entered the bizarre saga created when Billy Donovan accepted the job and then asked to be released from his contract.

Sources told the Sentinel the Heat are threatening to hold up the hiring of Van Gundy by asking for compensation.

According to those close to the situation, Heat Coach and team President Pat Riley could ask the Magic for future draft picks for Van Gundy, who has another year left on his contract as a consultant for the Heat.

Van Gundy was the Heat's coach until Riley replaced him two seasons ago and led the Heat to an NBA title in 2006.

Van Gundy would replace Donovan, who asked to be released from his five-year, $27.5 million contract with the Magic one day after being named head coach last Friday.

Legal representatives for the Magic and Donovan met Tuesday to work on voiding the contract, and a settlement could be reached Wednesday that would allow Donovan to return to his former job as coach of the Florida Gators.

Van Gundy has other options, too. Sources told the Sentinel he also has an offer to become the head coach of the Sacramento Kings.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...l=orl-home-headlines

Asking for draft picks???? Seriously...

Needless to say, Pat Riley is pitiful!!!!!!!!!!! It is easy to see that being in the same division we are, when we get everything in one sock, we are going to kick some Heat BUTT!!!!!

I think Riley can read the writing on the wall.....we are the rising stars in the east, and they will be yesterdays news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just get out of the way Man, we have work to do!!!!! Welcome SVG.....Go Magic!!!!

LOL!! IF Riley really says that he is pure slime. Whats more I think if he really is demanding that theres only one reason.

HE IS AFRAID OF STAN BEING IN HIS DIVISION WITH THE MAGIC.

But hold your horses. This is Schmitz making this report and it has a whole lot of "mays" in the report. I'm not buying it yet.

It won't last long though. Heat fans will roast Riely alive if he tries to mess with Stan again. Every other Heat fan I meet still has a thing for Stan and how he was dealt with

quote:
Originally posted by Nike:

Uh oh. Take at look at this updated Orlando Sentinel article:

quote:
Orlando Magic offer Stan Van Gundy coaching job; Heat may seek compensation for ex-coach

The Orlando Magic have offered their head coaching job to Stan Van Gundy, but signing him to a contract may not be easy.

The Miami Heat on Tuesday entered the bizarre saga created when Billy Donovan accepted the job and then asked to be released from his contract.

Sources told the Sentinel the Heat are threatening to hold up the hiring of Van Gundy by asking for compensation.

According to those close to the situation, Heat Coach and team President Pat Riley could ask the Magic for future draft picks for Van Gundy, who has another year left on his contract as a consultant for the Heat.

Van Gundy was the Heat's coach until Riley replaced him two seasons ago and led the Heat to an NBA title in 2006.

Van Gundy would replace Donovan, who asked to be released from his five-year, $27.5 million contract with the Magic one day after being named head coach last Friday.

Legal representatives for the Magic and Donovan met Tuesday to work on voiding the contract, and a settlement could be reached Wednesday that would allow Donovan to return to his former job as coach of the Florida Gators.

Van Gundy has other options, too. Sources told the Sentinel he also has an offer to become the head coach of the Sacramento Kings.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...l=orl-home-headlines

Asking for draft picks???? Seriously...

This is a typical modus operendi for that narcisistic pr!ck Riley. Rock Chalk, if you want to avoid this problem have someone PM me.

Personally, I think the magic should offer the job to Anthony Grant. He is obviously an up and coming coach, who has been mentored by Billy and did an outstanding job in his first year with VCU. He is young and should be able to relate to the young talent the Magic have. I think the NBA needs some fresh thinking and why not give him a shot. Offer him a nice 1.5 to 2 Mil a year with a heavily incentive contract.