Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

Expect Gortat to be traded Tuesday

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

Otis Smith is just recycling what Rev already posted in the Paul thread.

You heard anything about us targeting Big Al?

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

quote:

Bill Ingram thinks Cavs get Jefferson. He also said that Wolves have no need for Gortat (Via twitter).

I don't get the want for Jefferson on this board - has anyone seen him play? A crappy passing, ball hoggin lazy pf who doesnt defend and needs to play near the basket and bad ft shooter...yeah that sounds perfect for the magic. Ever wonder why a young big is being unloaded and replace by Darko and a european semi unknown prospect?

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

I don't get the want for Jefferson on this board - has anyone seen him play? A crappy passing, ball hoggin lazy pf who doesnt defend and needs to play near the basket and bad ft shooter...yeah that sounds perfect for the magic. Ever wonder why a young big is being unloaded and replace by Darko and a european semi unknown prospect?

a lot of people on this forum are stat *****s. they don't really care how the player plays they just look at ppg and some other stats and think that player would be an amazing pick up on this team.

its just like how some people in here would make an argument for jameer being a decent point guard. "oh, he averaged 5.4 apg this season. how is that a bad point guard?". anyone with a brain can see he isn't a good playmaker, has bad court vision, and does a poor job getting his team involved.

but who needs to form an opinion of a player by watching him when you have stats!

Its amazing that after Rev pokes a big hole in his thinking, the op never returns to rebuke.

Its fun fodder but geez, get your ducks in a row before looking like a fool.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 3:

quote:
Originally posted by ohiomagicfan:

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:
Originally posted by ohiomagicfan:

Essentially 2 trades, but I consolidated to 1 in the trade machine:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=24r9se8

Philly gets: Gortat, Anderson, Pietrus

Minny gets: Carter

Orlando gets: Jefferson, Brewer, Igoudala

i love it when people are in their own dream modes.

Why? Because I tried to put together and validate all the rumors? I didn't make these up to just make them up. This is what's floating around and while everybody just shrugs them off I tried to explain why they may work. Chill out bro.

There isn't any rumor that suggests we would trade for Iguodala. Also, we don't need Jefferson nor is Iguodala anything close to an upgrade over VC.

thank you and probably never will be.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

quote:

Bill Ingram thinks Cavs get Jefferson. He also said that Wolves have no need for Gortat (Via twitter).

the wolves have absolutely no need gortat. sending vc's expiring to the wolves makes more sense than gortat.

quote:

Also a guy that's been on horrible teams his whole career. He might play better if he's got something better to play for. I'm not saying I'm for this trade, but we need another big and he might be the best we can get.

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

quote:

Also a guy that's been on horrible teams his whole career. He might play better if he's got something better to play for. I'm not saying I'm for this trade, but we need another big and he might be the best we can get.

Agreed. Since it looks like Barnes is gone, we need somebody who can rebound other than Dwight. Somebody tell me who else on this team goes to the boards? Nobody.

Al Jefferson has never won more than 25 games in 3 years of his career. I don't care how bad your teams are, if you're putting up 20/10 and can't help your team win more than 25 games in a season you're a stat padder like no other.

Not only that but Jefferson and Howard would be a little too redundant offensively and honestly, a waste.

Oh, and not to mention that you guys forget this team is #5 in rebounding and #1 in defensive rebounding. Far from a "bad rebounding team".

quote:
Originally posted by Chi Town Hustler:

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

quote:

Agreed. Since it looks like Barnes is gone, we need somebody who can rebound other than Dwight. Somebody tell me who else on this team goes to the boards? Nobody.

You don't need to trade for a 13 million dollar contract of Al Jefferson to get rebounding. We aren't in need of rebounding anyways, we were the #1 defensive rebounding team in the league. What we need is some creative scorers on the perimeter.