height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihpcN_vns0k&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I'm not in panic mode, or thinking FML. But this isn't very good right now. Assuming we don't match Redick's offer, our perimeter depth is shot. Thanks to Otis signing Duhon out of the gates, we don't have a lot to play with on replacements/

I still have faith in Otis. He had to be prepared for Redick getting a deal like this, I'm sure he has a plan. Let's just wait and see.

you know what's funny, i told my off line magic friends he would get offered 7 mil..they thought i was nuts..these teams that had that money to spend are gonna use it so please their fan base..

I knew some team would try and give Redick a "toxic" contract. Anything reasonable is a waste of time because the Magic would match in a heartbeat. I actually thought differently for a little while after the Bulls signed Korver.

We'll see though. Like I said, Otis HAS to be prepared for this. I'm sure he has some ideas on what to do, I'll have faith in him, but blowing this could really end up costing his job.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNKentucky:

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

Hell in a hand basket, what am i missing? Looked like another panic thread to me, hence my ibtl..We have enough panic threads going on..Sorry if i misunderstood the intent of the thread..

Nah, its really a thread laughing at everyone freaking out over everything that is NOT happening.

While also hoping something logical happens soon...not the typical

quote:
"The Magic have worked out a trade with the Hornets, Pacers, Mavs, and Lakers...Orlando's team next year will look like this:

Paul

Kobe

Granger

Dirk

Dwight

Take that Miami.

something will happen..i don't know why people are freaking out..the heat haven't played one game together and were calling them the champs already..i don't even know how they will all mesh together..what happens the first time bron try's to get wades team to act like a bunch of idiots dancing on the sideline? it's gonna end ugly there just like kobe and shaq did..right now wade is the shaq in the situation..one day bron will wanna be alpha dog..

I feel the opposite of how I felt after last summer's offseason. Luckily there's still offseason left for something to happen, although I don't see anything big happening, which is what we really need.

Yea, I just get a feeling that things are almost too quiet right now. People on this board (including myself) are wondering who we might add and what our lineup next year will look like.

I just have a feeling that Otis is gonna come out of no-where (like he usually does) and pull off another trade in the next couple of weeks. I'm still speculating, but a lot of people on the board think Iggy is a big target, Rev confirmed that Otis likes Iggy, so we'll see if anything happens. I hope it does. If what people are saying comes true (here I go again with another lineup prediction)

Nelson/Duhon/Dooling

Iggy/JJ/FA

Shard/Pietrus/Brewer

Jefferson/Bass/FA

Dwight/Orton

I think we can beat the Heat in a 7 game series. As many people have us as favorites as those who don't. I hope MIA signs and starts Fisher so Nelson or Carter or whoever they have him guard can run circles around him. Even Barnes can.

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

I think we can beat the Heat in a 7 game series. As many people have us as favorites as those who don't. I hope MIA signs and starts Fisher so Nelson or Carter or whoever they have him guard can run circles around him. Even Barnes can.

If Fisher doesn't return to the Lakers I'll eat my hat. Also, Fish is the exact type of player we don't want joining Miami: a heady role player with a history of clutch shooting.

I do agree that we are still competitive and most people are overreacting, however.

Remember when LA got the dream team of Payton & Malone for nothing and how many championships they won together?

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

Remember when LA got the dream team of Payton & Malone for nothing and how many championships they won together?

I see what you're saying but those guys in Miami are in their Prime

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

Are you really comparing that to LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh in their primes???

Shaq & Kobe were in their prime and everyone was scared of them. I'm not comparing them at all, just making a point.