Sign in to follow this  
Magic2782

Magic GM thought LeBron was 'more of a competitor'

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Rico:

Orlando's GM needs to get a clue and take a couple of pages from his daddy Pat Riley.

I have no idea what this even means.

I think it's a type of "Pedro Martinez 'The Yankees are my daddy'" thing.

Otis needs to worry about getting the pieces together so this team could get back to the Finals, and less about the King. Because I think this could be a make or break year for Otis this season.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

Otis needs to worry about getting the pieces together so this team could get back to the Finals, and less about the King. Because I think this could be a make or break year for Otis this season.

Because him commenting on something everybody is talking about is totally hindering him from working out on other extremely UNLIKELY and UNREALISTIC deals, right?

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Everyone thought I was crazy when I said LeBron would be "Pippen" over there. Everyone would also be wrong.

Didn't you also say he was NEVER going to do it?

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Everyone thought I was crazy when I said LeBron would be "Pippen" over there. Everyone would also be wrong.

I was (and still am) shocked that he has deciding to be "Pippen", yes.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Except that he'll be much more like KG than Pippen. Pippen and Jordan played for the team that drafted them and Pippen just happened to be the #2 option because he wasn't as good. KG was traded to the Celtics and while it was "Pierce's team", KG was still the better player and got the most shots.

Otis needs to make Granger his top priority.

If Otis happens to deal someone because of whats happening this off season, lets just not count on this team turning into that Phoenix Suns team who traded for Shaq thinking it would solve everything against the Spurs.

At least they have no one to guard the Magic at the point and center position. They could actually get someone.

What if Chalmers has a breakout year like Rondo.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Except that he'll be much more like KG than Pippen. Pippen and Jordan played for the team that drafted them and Pippen just happened to be the #2 option because he wasn't as good. KG was traded to the Celtics and while it was "Pierce's team", KG was still the better player and got the most shots.

That description probably is more accurate, but that's not how people are describing LeBron. It's not about the facts, it's about perception.

I agree with Otis. Jordan went through 7 yrs before winning one, I can't imagine Jordan ever giving up on anything. Kobe for all his warts stuck with the Lakers through tough times and took on that challenge. Now, it may have been a little easier for him since he already had rings but these are still ultra competitive guys that accepted a challenge.

You know Schmitz had something in a column this morning that pissed me off (shocking). He said something to the effect that Lebron's resume was as hollow as Barkley's. Barkley's resume is hollow?? Why because he doesn't have a ring? Guys like Barkley, Malone, Reggie, Patrick, they all took on the challenge of being the guy on their respective teams and didn't give up trying to overcome that challenge until the very end of their careers when they knew they were no longer capable. I would never put them in the same class as a guy who took the easy route at the ripe old age of 25.