Optimus Prime

Knicks and Magic trade talks go on!

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

Honestly, my offseason hopes goes something like this:

1. CP3 (duh)

2. Jefferson/Brewer

3. Iggy/Thad

4. Bring back Barnes and/or sign Raja Bell.

Wow, there sure is a falloff from 3 to 4. Also, it'd be nice for Daniel Orton to have just one game where he gets double figures in rebounds or points. Actually, check that, more than 5 in either category would be a major win today.

Agree 100%

taniaganguli

i asked otis smith if it bothers him that barnes tweets about no offer from the #magic. smith said "wonder why he hasn't gotten an offer."

taniaganguli

"if he stopped tweeting he might get one," smith continued. said he has spoken with aaron goodwin, barnes' agent a few times. #nba

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I'm glad Dan Gilbert is taking this well.

this.

You can't really blame him. Aside from the way it was handled, which was poor, this guy woke up this morning with a franchise that probably depreciated in value $100-$200 million overnight. That is a tough pill to swallow and that doesn't even include the loss he is going to take on merchandise and ticket sales. I would be a little bitter too.

Also, does anyone else think that Will Bynum would've been a better pick up than Duhon? I'm not necessarily down on the signing, but I really like Bynum's energy, speed, and defense off the bench. He reminds me of a younger Lindsey Hunter and I thought we could've gotten him for around the same price.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

The huge impact will be banning Darth Evil Dead.

Magic for the Championship! Hooray!

Rev, do yourself a favor and put Darth on ignore. You'll enjoy posting a lil' more.

And as always, thanks for your info. If it happens, or not, it makes for DISCUSSION on a DISCUSSION BOARD (who woulda thunk it). I'm hoping Otis comes through; we need it.

I appreciate all insiders (namely Rev, SoulBro, Catman) for every tidbit... I've always maintained that the season is the time to be realistic.. but summer time is the time to DREAM and dream BIG.

Let's also not forget that for Otis and the cap situation, improving the team mostly has to come through trades. Otis can't do it by himself, he needs to find a partner willing to say "yes" on the other side.

So as long as Otis is trying and doing all of his part to get something done.. then that's enough, that's all you can ask for. Even if nothing gets done other than re-signing Redick and/or Barnes. I'd rather he do no trade at all than do a bad one "just because."

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Locking it on page 666 is one thing, but locking it with Cutestory as the last post? The worst of omens.

I'm just upset I took my eye off the ball at work today. I'd been planning on setting Iron Maiden's "The Number of the Beast" on autoplay in page 666 of that thread for like 3 days now.

quote:
Originally posted by nickels:

taniaganguli

i asked otis smith if it bothers him that barnes tweets about no offer from the #magic. smith said "wonder why he hasn't gotten an offer."

taniaganguli

"if he stopped tweeting he might get one," smith continued. said he has spoken with aaron goodwin, barnes' agent a few times. #nba

Well, we may not win a championship but you have to say between Otis and Stan we have the wryest sense of humor in our frontoffice.

quote:
Originally posted by nickels:

taniaganguli

taniaganguli

hahahaha

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

I don't drink beer.

And again, it is fine if you don't believe me, and it is fine if you think I am somehow leading people on, whatever. Just don't type out sarcastic responses that bash me and others (Soul Bro). That is uncalled for, and quite frankly, not sure why it was allowed.

But good ole Ben Franklin said "Beer is proof God wants us to be happy!"

More biting remarks from Otis:

In an informal meeting with the media at RDV SportsPlex today, Smith was asked if he felt like the balance of power had shifted from the Western Conference to the Eastern Conference. "I've heard that a few times and I'm trying to see the power shifting," he said, but he pointed out that the L.A. Lakers are "still the best team in our league."

To prove his point, he asked if Lakers guard Kobe Bryant was retiring. Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel said, "No, he's going to the Heat," which elicited laughter among the assembled media.

But Smith topped him in his response. "Well, he's already proved he can win [a championship] on his own!" he said. "Oops! My bad." That remark speaks to the popular idea circulating throughout the basketball world that James hurt his legacy, as even if he wins multiple titles with the Heat, he will have done so with two other superstars at his side.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpo...c-media-availability