quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by iconoftheyear10:

im very dissapointed we didnt get boozer, i hope we get somewhat of a better PF.

too bad shard isn't our problem at pf

lol, shard is exactly one of the problems we had this year in the playoffs. Vince is the other. Those two plus the refs and howard not controlling himself is the reason we lost the playoffs.

how was he a problem?

because shard doesn't pull down the necessary 10 boards a game for a pf just like jameer is a problem at pg because he doesn't have the necessary 10 assists per game.

thank you!!!

I could be wrong but since the Magic would probably be over the cap after re-signing JJ doesn't that mean we can only match up to a MLE offer? We can't go over the cap if he is more than a MLE right?

Curious question: If Redick signs with the Bulls and starts along side both Boozer and Deng that would mean three guys from the same school are in the starting lineup, has that ever happened before?

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by iconoftheyear10:

im very dissapointed we didnt get boozer, i hope we get somewhat of a better PF.

too bad shard isn't our problem at pf

lol, shard is exactly one of the problems we had this year in the playoffs. Vince is the other. Those two plus the refs and howard not controlling himself is the reason we lost the playoffs.

how was he a problem?

because shard doesn't pull down the necessary 10 boards a game for a pf just like jameer is a problem at pg because he doesn't have the necessary 10 assists per game.

thank you!!!

LOL, unreal.

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

As far as Redick, everyone shouldn't freak out so soon. He's a RESTRICTED free agent, so no matter what he's offered, Otis has the last chance to sign him.

yes except if Lebron doesn't sign they have around $14M to spend and no starting guard.

Look at available shooting guards:

Ray Allen (Unrestricted):

Kyle Korver (Unrestricted)

Roger Mason (Unrestricted)

J.J. Redick (Restricted)

Peja Stojakovic (ETO - owed $15.3 million)

Raja Bell (Unrestricted)

Anthony Morrow (Restricted)

Randy Foye (Restricted)

Ronnie Brewer (Restricted)

Shannon Brown (PO

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

I could be wrong but since the Magic would probably be over the cap after re-signing JJ doesn't that mean we can only match up to a MLE offer? We can't go over the cap if he is more than a MLE right?

He is a restricted free agent and we can match any deal he signs, regardless of ammount. We are already well over the cap.

We've heard a lot that SVG really wants JJ to stay, Otis will do all he can to resign him...

Has anyone thought that maybe their goal is to sway teams from thinking about going after him, because they want to keep him, but really aren't willing to pay him too much?

quote:

with boozer being signed, what other pf is out there??? There is david lee. other then that i don't think we are siging anyone major. we are pretty much done in getting an impact player. lebron isn't coming here, bosh, wade gone to miami, amare ny, boozer to the bulls. we will go into next season having what we got. we will win around 55 games and make it deep into the playoffs. we aren't winning nba championship, we aren't winning ecf, and might not make it there.

That's the spirit.... smh

It's funny, these new looking teams haven't even played a game yet and all of a sudden Orlando is cast aside. Wow!

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

I just think we should just trade for Al Jefferson. He's a true PF with a nice midrange jumper and a great rebounder. He would be great alongside Howard for years.

He would be terrible next to Dwight (considering they both are very similar in terms of position down low). I also don't care how bad your teams are, not being able to win over 25 games for 3 years in a row is pretty bad.