Sign in to follow this  
Noonskadoodle17

Barnes Ring Chasing.

makes sense. barnes opted out to get a longer deal making more money. so instead, he wants to go play for the lakers who only have about $1.8 million of the MLE left. doubt it happens but w/e if it does.

To me this says were not resigning Barnes which also tells me Otis has something up his sleve. Otis wouldn't let a huge role player on our team just walk away like that. To me That's saying he's going to use the money and other tradeing chips to do something great!

Every team he's been on has just let him walk away for nothing. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case with us.

If he takes less money to play with the Lakers, I'll hate him.

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

To me this says were not resigning Barnes which also tells me Otis has something up his sleve. Otis wouldn't let a huge role player on our team just walk away like that. To me That's saying he's going to use the money and other tradeing chips to do something great!

actually it probably just means otis doesn't want to overpay for an easily replaceable role player.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

actually it probably just means otis doesn't want to overpay for an easily replaceable role player.

I refuse to believe that! smile_beatcomp.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

Every team he's been on has just let him walk away for nothing. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case with us.

If he takes less money to play with the Lakers, I'll hate him.

I wouldn't hate him. I want to keep him. Guy plays hard with heart. I'd want to play for a proven winner also.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

Right, Barnes wants to sign for twice the price he is worth. Unlike Rashard Lewis, Matt is both replaceable and liquid, in the financial sense. Barnes, I'm sorry, I liked you, now you can get off this d@mn team if you want to go to the Lakers.

he was "ring chasing" when he came here...so...yea...what is wrong with that? as an athlete, the ultimate glory is the be all end all, the trophy, the prize, if an athlete actually wants that, and wants to chase that, why not? We knock these guys for chasing the money, and now we knock them for chasing glory? what the hell are they supposed to be chasing?