quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

What was Howard's stats the following game? Now compare with VC. How were howard's stats for the first half of the season? I know he did really well in fouls which is why he spent so much time on the bench. The only player on this team that I would say is better than vince is Dwight and that's only because vince is a step slower than he used to be but other than that...no one on this team can touch his skills. Ask dwight, you see him on the sidelines chanting "VINSANITY".

He's up chanting because he's a big kid and supports his teammates. I don't see why you have to undermine Dwight just to defend Vince. Dwight is a top 10 talent in the league. Don't forget there are two sides to the court and he is capable of dominating both.

not to mention Dwight's numbers from the first half of the season were still good while Wince's were awful... Wince only had a good stretch of games from the all-star break til the last game of the season, then again against the Hawks (pretty much RDV)...

Actually, howard was not good in the first half of the season on the offensive end or the defensive end.

18 ppg, 13+ rebounds, 2.5 blks on 60% shooting isn't good? You're right, it's great.

Howard had one "bad" month and it was in November, when he averaged nearly 18 ppg, 11.7 rebounds, and 1.75 blks. Yes, that was Howard's worst month, which is still better than most center's best months.

In December, although he was only averaging 16.4 ppg, he still averaged 14.4 rebounds and 3.8 blocks. His FG% never went below 56% (that was really one month, besides that month it never went below 59.6%).

Now, none of this really has anything to do with Carter. You like to bring up different players and how they didn't do well somewhere at sometime, but what does that have to do with Carter? Absolutely nothing.

Taking a look at Carter's season numbers, in the first 3 months (around 41 games) he shot BELOW 40%, around 30% from 3pt range (Rasheed-Wallace bad) averaged less than 5 rebounds and less than 3 assists.

Seriously, you were better off picking on Meer and Lewis to try to prove your point (whatever that is).

****, I got this little boy doing research for me. Can you do my laundry while you're at it? Good night, kid.

Translation: My *** just got owned.

quote:
Originally posted by Nell2ThaIzzay:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

LOL AINT NO FAN LIKE A VC FAN CUZ A VC FAN DON' STOP

Win. Epic win.

I guess...

quote:
Originally posted by InsideoutO:

Odds are we are stuck with another year of Vince. Its crazy to say it but I think JJ should get more of the minutes. While he still isnt a better player then Vince he fits the system alot better then Vince. Flat out VC did not do what we brought him in to do. The only shots he created for himself ended up off balance fade aways with a hand in his face. This is not going to change next year. If anything it will get worse because of the added step he will end up losing.

I hate to say this also but something in that bloodline of his(see Tmac) that equals playoff bust. I heard talks of us picking up Tmac for the vet min.... please no...

The problem is not purely on Vince, Stan Van Gundy should take the brunt. And this can be applied to Lewis as well....

Vince does not get plays called for him at the start of games. Lewis does not get plays called for him period. That makes it difficult for those players to try and get into the games. Instead of going to Howard straight up first possesion and have him sometimes "force" shots. Stan should be running set plays for Lewis and Carter, as soon as they get going then everyone else will too!

Its up to Stan to give both those players the opportunity of being able to get going easily, and that is by running something for them. If any of you disagree go back and watch games against any of the top sides and you will see NO plays run for Carter at the start of games and barely any plays run for Lewis.

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

quote:

Odds are we are stuck with another year of Vince. Its crazy to say it but I think JJ should get more of the minutes. While he still isnt a better player then Vince he fits the system alot better then Vince. Flat out VC did not do what we brought him in to do. The only shots he created for himself ended up off balance fade aways with a hand in his facThis is not going to change next year. If anything it will get worse because of the added step he will end up losing.

I hate to say this also but something in that bloodline of his(see Tmac) that equals playoff bust. I heard talks of us picking up Tmac for the vet min.... please no...

The problem is not purely on Vince, Stan Van Gundy should take the brunt. And this can be applied to Lewis as well....

Vince does not get plays called for him at the start of games. Lewis does not get plays called for him period. That makes it difficult for those players to try and get into the games. Instead of going to Howard straight up first possesion and have him sometimes "force" shots. Stan should be running set plays for Lewis and Carter, as soon as they get going then everyone else will too!

Its up to Stan to give both those players the opportunity of being able to get going easily, and that is by running something for them. If any of you disagree go back and watch games against any of the top sides and you will see NO plays run for Carter at the start of games and barely any plays run for Lewis.

you are right. i thought jameer had a grudge or something. i saw plenty of opportunities to do the pick and roll or hit vince on the block, but he didnt even look his way. i dont think vince is washed up at all, he looked great at times this year, and i think that if he comes back, he will be even better. did anyone notice that jj game got better. dwight started playing like a beast after the all star break. vc is a vet that brings a lot to the table. the haters dont want to admit it, but he is good for this team. this team won 59 games, and without injuries they could have won even more.

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:

quote:

Odds are we are stuck with another year of Vince. Its crazy to say it but I think JJ should get more of the minutes. While he still isnt a better player then Vince he fits the system alot better then Vince. Flat out VC did not do what we brought him in to do. The only shots he created for himself ended up off balance fade aways with a hand in his facThis is not going to change next year. If anything it will get worse because of the added step he will end up losing.

you are right. i thought jameer had a grudge or something. i saw plenty of opportunities to do the pick and roll or hit vince on the block, but he didnt even look his way. i dont think vince is washed up at all, he looked great at times this year, and i think that if he comes back, he will be even better. did anyone notice that jj game got better. dwight started playing like a beast after the all star break. vc is a vet that brings a lot to the table. the haters dont want to admit it, but he is good for this team. this team won 59 games, and without injuries they could have won even more.

Vince definitely had plays drawn up for him. As an NBA coach, you always design multiple outs for your plays. It may not look like VC was given plays, but many were ran for him to get open looks. If you wanted the team to isolate him more, that just isn't our style of play.

We also run pick and rolls like no one's business. The 1-2 pick and roll (ran almost exclusively for the PG and Vince) was a very effective set piece in our offense.

quote:

quote:

Odds are we are stuck with another year of Vince. Its crazy to say it but I think JJ should get more of the minutes. While he still isnt a better player then Vince he fits the system alot better then Vince. Flat out VC did not do what we brought him in to do. The only shots he created for himself ended up off balance fade aways with a hand in his face. This is not going to change next year. If anything it will get worse because of the added step he will end up losing.

You can only get so many players involved. If Lewis and Carter get involved, then it means Jameer and Howard don't get involved.

It's ridiculous to think that they don't get involved though. Vince is top in the team in usage percentage, and Lewis gets a decent amount of touches (main problem for Lewis is that he doesn't get it consistently).

So, should we blame SVG because they only allow one ball?

quote:

quote:

quote:

You can only get so many players involved. If Lewis and Carter get involved, then it means Jameer and Howard don't get involved.

It's ridiculous to think that they don't get involved though. Vince is top in the team in usage percentage, and Lewis gets a decent amount of touches (main problem for Lewis is that he doesn't get it consistently).

So, should we blame SVG because they only allow one ball?

dwight should mainly get the touches against most teams. but against boston he didnt get his game going until we started using him in the pick and roll. he has a hard time with perkins and wallace. i admit, somewhere in that series vince lost his confidence, but to blame the loss on him is flat out wrong. there were times this year when dwight was down on himself and vince grabbed him and reminded him who he was.

quote:

dwight should mainly get the touches against most teams. but against boston he didnt get his game going until we started using him in the pick and roll. he has a hard time with perkins and wallace. i admit, somewhere in that series vince lost his confidence, but to blame the loss on him is flat out wrong. there were times this year when dwight was down on himself and vince grabbed him and reminded him who he was.

are you really going to sit there and attribute everything positive that happened to this team with Wince? REALLLY? Get real dude. The team was better after the all-star break because Jameer went back to his All-Star form (you know, like last year when the team went 30-8).

You're the definition of a homer. I'm done with you.

quote:

quote:

are you really going to sit there and attribute everything positive that happened to this team with Wince? REALLLY? Get real dude. The team was better after the all-star break because Jameer went back to his All-Star form (you know, like last year when the team went 30-8).

You're the definition of a homer. I'm done with you.

ok sour milk flapjacks. be done