Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Update from Three Separate Sources

This update comes from three separate, great sources. Two are from high in the heavens of the Magic organization, while one is from Amare's mentor. Junkie, though he's not active on the board, has helped get some of this info. Thank you also to an unnamed, well-placed friend. icon_wink.gif

Haters, move along. Friends, here we go ...

Magic revised plan:

Trade with NO

Trade #1

Jameer and Vince for Paul and Okafor

Trade #2

TPE for Posey

Comments: For Paul, Otis needs to be willing to give up a star player to get him. That would have to be Jameer. We would take Okafor and Posey's contract if the 3 top free agents team up together (Bron, Wade, Bosh). (We would need to match that or be second fiddle, and Otis does not like being second fiddle at anything). If this trade happened, we would shop Okafor and try to trade him to one of the losers of the free agent bonanza. This is the only way we get Paul; NO would want us to take Okafor and Posey or no deal. Otis believes we have the advantage over other teams because of the addition of the TPE.

THEN:

Trade with Utah:

Gortat and Redick(snt) (possibly Bass) for Boozer

Comments: Don't believe the denial in the media. Otis is very interested in this idea if other teams significantly improve their teams.

THEN:

Trade rest of TPE and future pick for CJ Watson

THEN:

Sign Ray Allen (or someone like him) with part of MLE. Magic also have interest in Foye.

Non-Magic note regarding Amare: Amare doesn't feel the Heat truly want him. Consequently, he believes he'll land in Chicago, NY or NJ, with NJ thought to be the most interested and willing to pay the big bucks.

That's what I (we've) heard. Take it just as information, not a promise.

Thanks man... it makes sense. The big move for Paul will only happen if the big three get together and the deal for Boozer has always seemed like the most realistic scenario to me.

As I've said all along... Meer, VC, Lewis, Boozer and Howard is pretty scary!

Cool story, (soul)bro. Just kidding, thanks for the update, man. It has always been incredibly unlikely that Bron/Wade/Bosh team up together, so I don't see this falling through for several reasons.

If this DID go through, I'd find it very unlikely that we'd be able to send Okafor somewhere else. That man's contract is as unmovable as any other player in the league, imo.

I was told no "likelihood" or "unlikelihood" of this stuff happening or given a timeline. Sorry. However, I believe these sources are very credible.

AND FOR THE RECORD, NONE ARE MAGICAL. LOL.

Thanks for the update. I guess it makes sense Otis would only commit that kind of cash if another team significantly improves. No sense in rushing to trade for CP3 and Boozer, when that would pretty much ensure at least 2 of the big free agents teaming up to compete.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Appreciate the info, but I'm starting to think all these sources are mixed in together and are feeding off horrible information.

It'd be neat if I was proven wrong though.

Two of these are primary, big-time sources. They have no idea they're sources.

For the record, Junkie gives a lot of the media there info.... Seriously. Lol. The writers call him. I know some of you can vouch for this.

So New Orleans has actually agreed to this if they can't find a better offer? The TPE is a big part of this for them, and it expires in a week. They'll wait until then probably the pull the trigger?