Sign in to follow this  
dirty b-town

Arenas trade hinges on Howard OK.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

To those guys worrying about the contract.....Don't because according to these reports Otis isn't....This Arenas thing was being talked about way before this with Otis so this deal has to have some truth to it....And if it's a "definite possibility" then Gil's contract doesn't mean Danger as much to the Magic front office as it does to us it seems

Of course it does. Being a "definite possibility" and "not a possibility" doesn't change the amount of money he will be owed, unless the Wizards are looking to buy him out and we sign him for the vet minimum.

Okay i think i get what you're saying but banking the whole deal on whether or not he gets bought out would be a waste of time wouldn't it? Isn't he owed like 80 million? Then again this whole thing could be bullsh!t speculation from some insider but you never know

I really don't see how you could call this a bad trade.

I love Shard but if it is basically an Arenas for Lewis swap, I would do it.

Same amount of money being paid.

Arenas is 2 years younger.

Arenas is a play maker/scorer, which we need.

So we get a player that may be better for us in the long run. Arenas will be 32 and Shard 35 when the contracts end.

And then we get Granger on top of that? Only giving up Jameer? (Not sure if that works)

Edit: and we still keep VC expiring? sign me up

quote:

To those guys worrying about the contract.....Don't because according to these reports Otis isn't....This Arenas thing was being talked about way before this with Otis so this deal has to have some truth to it....And if it's a "definite possibility" then Gil's contract doesn't mean Danger as much to the Magic front office as it does to us it seems

there's also reports that say Otis "laughed in Washington's face" when he was approached with the idea. Its all really just a bunch of scattered speculation based on the relationship between Otis and Arenas at this point.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Of course it does. Being a "definite possibility" and "not a possibility" doesn't change the amount of money he will be owed, unless the Wizards are looking to buy him out and we sign him for the vet minimum.

Okay i think i get what you're saying but banking the whole deal on whether or not he gets bought out would be a waste of time wouldn't it? Isn't he owed like 80 million? Then again this whole thing could be bullsh!t speculation from some insider but you never know

It should be. If he doesn't get bought out, Otis shouldn't even be THINKING about it. It's a terrible trade because 1) not only it does not give the team trade-able assets, it gets rid of a GREAT trade-able asset, which is Wince's expiring.

All around awful trade, I really hope Otis is just full of crap with it.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

quote:

there's also reports that say Otis "laughed in Washington's face" when he was approached with the idea. Its all really just a bunch of scattered speculation based on the relationship between Otis and Arenas at this point.

At this point i agree with you but im just so tired of hearing speculation at this point...I WANT SOLID INFO but that's not happening right now...I don't know what to think but since the well dried up about the Chris Paul trade all i've been hearing is deals involving Washington

Arenas would only be interesting if he's bought out and comes to the Magic at minimum for 1 yr test run to be our 6th man. As a starter - absolutely not - he's one of the most inefficient guards in the NBA - ball hog who can't pass and can't defend but can put up alot of points in a hurry if you need to but only for short stretches before he goes cold and then worthless...but seriously doubt that contracts gonna get bought by anyone

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz:

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

I read a rumoured 3-team deal between IND/ORL/WAS on another site from a guy that has been known to get "inside" info, the basics of the deal are:

Arenas/Granger to ORL

Lewis to WAS

Nelson to IND

There would need to be other pieces thrown in to make salary's match and even out talent but I'm just posting what I read.

Surely we'd need to trade Gortat, Pietrus and Bass along with Meer and Shard to get those salaries anywhere near matching?

Lewis' contract absorbs all other contracts and creates a giant, single entity with the sole purpose of sponging more contracts and growing stronger and stronger.

It Would Be For Carter Instead Of Lewis But I Doubt This Happens Very Much...Would Be Good For Us In A Way Though....

Pacers Get: Jameer & Cash Maybe?

Wizards Get: Carter + A Pacer Of Some Sort.

Magic Get: Arenas & Granger

Tried it on the trade machine to it works LOL

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=242pzoy

WHAT YA RECKON? LOL