DaveCorzineLives!

Nets Release Dooling

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

As much as I like the Livingston option, you do realize he played well in late March and April right? On a lottery Wizards team? With Earl Boykins?

Uh..

What is this supposed to mean?

It's supposed to mean that his inflated stats may be leading people on this forum overrating him a bit.

my opinion of him is based purely on his skill level, which is/was enormous. That, and he has showed tremendous heart for battling back from that injury...

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

As much as I like the Livingston option, you do realize he played well in late March and April right? On a lottery Wizards team? With Earl Boykins?

Uh..

What is this supposed to mean?

It's supposed to mean that his inflated stats may be leading people on this forum overrating him a bit.

my opinion of him is based purely on his skill level, which is/was enormous. That, and he has showed tremendous heart for battling back from that injury...

that's great that he has heart, and seems like a good guy, but how is that reconstructed knee going to hold up all season spelling nelson for 10 to 20 a game? 20 a game being very generous, but also remember we might have to use livingston against a rondo or rose a bit more.

Dooling was the shiz back in the day. He also gave me a high five when i was a kid icon_biggrin.gif

SIGN HIM!

Put me down as one more fan that wants Dooling back.

One question though...can he strictly be a backup PG for us? If so, then hell yes to signing him.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

One question though...can he strictly be a backup PG for us?

God no.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

2d99yj9.png

AHHAHAH YES

Alright..ya got me jareth..lol

Dooling is only a good point guard when in executing a fast paced offense. He's a high energy guy and when there's high energy in the game, that's when he's suddenly becomes better.

I don't know how much Keyon has improved now. He did play for the nets..guys.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Dooling is only a good point guard when in executing a fast paced offense. He's a high energy guy and when there's high energy in the game, that's when he's suddenly becomes better.

Dooling has been added to the long list of those affected by the Nets curse. There was a reason the Magic let him go in the first place. Magic are moving forward, not backwards.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Dooling has been added to the long list of those affected by the Nets curse.

That would make sense if it did. I agree, though. They did let him go for a reason. If I recall, it was for being a bad locker room influence. Heck, with eyes like those, how could he not have been?

As far as on the court play, I don't see how you could go wrong with him. This isn't the Brian Hill v.2 era anymore. He wouldn't be asked to run the offense.

If he wants to come play for the vet minimum and proves he is healthy then why not??

Will allow magic to spend in other areas and allow magic to have a defensive back up at point.

Also there is no way we can get CJ Watson from Warriors so no point talking about that.