Sign in to follow this  
KillingInTheNameOf

NBA Commissioner For A Day...

figure out a way to stop "jerome james" contracts from happening.

Allow 6 year contracts but make it standard that there's an ETO at 3 years. Call it the "grant hill" provision.

I would review what a "foul" is. I would sit the refs down and say no more fouls can be called inconsistently. A guy can't get hacked on one end of the floor, and then on the other end barely get touched and get a call. It just has to be more consistent, and I will suspend anybody that does not improve by watching game tape.

I would allow the Orlando Magic to pick any player off any roster they want.

But seriously, I would agree with the techs for flopping. Only problem is, it's now a judgement call for refs on what is a flop or not. Will cause just as much trouble when the refs give a T to a player who really didn't flop. So, I'm gonna go with more instant replay options for refs.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

figure out a way to stop "jerome james" contracts from happening.

Allow 6 year contracts but make it standard that there's an ETO at 3 years. Call it the "grant hill" provision.

No guaranteed contracts. It would be dirty, considering that's the biggest appeal of the league. But in my fantasy world it would allow teams much more flexibility and turnover and allow for a bigger variety of contenders/champions.

Also, everyone would have to play wearing silly hats.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I would allow the Orlando Magic to pick any player off any roster they want.

But seriously, I would agree with the techs for flopping. Only problem is, it's now a judgement call for refs on what is a flop or not. Will cause just as much trouble when the refs give a T to a player who really didn't flop. So, I'm gonna go with more instant replay options for refs.

You could have games reviewed afterwards and techs can be assessed then for flopping. You wouldn't get the free throws during the game, but that player's tech count would rise and suspensions would follow.

If this were to happen though Paul Pierce would only play 30 games a season.

I don't know which of these changes the Commissioner is empowered to make but off the top of my head:

technical fouls for flopping

remove that rule that allows players to return to their original team after they've been traded and bought out

allow coaches to criticise refs without being fined

four divisions instead of six

try to introduce all new and unbiased refs (or at least get rid of refs like Joey Crawford)

try to make the decisions on suspensions and fines more consistent

move the Thunder back to Seattle (and rename them back to SuperSonics)

probably fine the Heat, Knicks, Bulls and Nets for tampering

prohibit Rondo from wearing that headband upside down

as someone mentioned....techs for flopping

i would also bring back hand checking.

get rid of the defensive 3 second rule.

long gone are the days when players could be physical. now they call a foul if you love tap another player. refs need to get fined and/or suspended when they make a series of bad calls in one game.