Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

Daniel Orton...

Pretty underwhelming draft day for the Magic considering all the excitement that happened last year. I don't understand the Orton pick but Vasquez was the guy I wanted and he was already gone so ... I guess I'll go to bed and pray Otis can figure out a way to get rid ofreplace Carter.

Let me say, from the only guy on this forum who actually KNOWS this player and has hung out with him several times.

This guy has a awesome potential. I was a little surprised that he left Kentucky. I wish he could have developed his game a little more, but I'll tell you this...this guy can block shots like a mini-dwight howard.

He's a hard worker. Although his knee is a little bit of a concern, however if he can work out with Dwight, then he'll be ok. He played fine a whole season without knee problems, but his knee only had to play about 10-15 min a game.

So great player, but his knee is a small concern, but for a team that will likely trade Gortat or Bass or Anderson, they'll need some height.

I liked Whiteside more, but I don't see Whiteside as a C either, & he can't shoot 3's, so...

At least they didn't take Alabi, he's terrible. Orton is very Mahorn/Kendrick Perkinsesque. Great defender, ave rebounder, some offensive potential. Good risk.

I think Orton is somewhere between Kendrick Perkins and Robin Lopez. I think working with Ewing, and going up against Dwight, will do wonders for his game.

I'm actually starting to warm up to this pick now.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

welcome to orlando?

*** man.

this is stupid as hell. if they were interested in a center they should've went for hassan whiteside.

daniel orton? seriously?

Debonair, you have posted 206 times on this board, and I can't remember one of them being positive. I'd say your starting to hit troll status but you passed that a long time ago.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

Could Orton be moved to Pf for us and play alongside Dwight? We wouldn't need his offense...just defense/rebounding strong picks.

Yea, he could play some PF but I wouldnt say he is a starting PF right now. While at KY the thing that bothered me the most about him was that he seemed very shaky when he had to guard guys 10 feet away from the hoop. If he was being post up- he'll be fine, but against guys like Garnett and Pau - right now, it would be a disaster in my opinion. But who knows he could prove me wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

welcome to orlando?

*** man.

this is stupid as hell. if they were interested in a center they should've went for hassan whiteside.

daniel orton? seriously?

Debonair, you have posted 206 times on this board, and I can't remember one of them being positive. I'd say your starting to hit troll status but you passed that a long time ago.

Ignore button works good.

quote:

and hassan whiteside goes to the kings.......

the dude was expected to get picked in the mid 20s.

no one saw daniel orton getting picked in the first round. NO ONE.

i swear otis will be the death of this team.

expected to get picked in the second round.. like courtney lee?

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

and hassan whiteside goes to the kings.......

the dude was expected to get picked in the mid 20s.

no one saw daniel orton getting picked in the first round. NO ONE.

i swear otis will be the death of this team.

expected to get picked in the second round.. like courtney lee?

debonair is el mayi dont worry about him