Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

Shouldn't we be pulling out all the stops to get Paul? Even if we put another big contract to our payroll, DeVos IMO has shown that he is willing to dish out the cash if it will give us a shot at a championship title. Emeka would be of huge benefit for us as a post player.

Is there a problem that I'm not realizing about acquiring Emeka with Paul?

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

Emeka will not be a good fit next to dwight. Unless he develops a 15 foot jumper.

Ya but no one will score on us inside.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

Emeka will not be a good fit next to dwight. Unless he develops a 15 foot jumper.

We could push for that, but in the mean-time, it would allow us to move Rashard to the 3. Or he could take over Marcin's spot as the best backup center in the league. What's so wrong with this situation? It isn't like it would be the worst of our worries.

Absorbtion of Okafors contract would be entirely up to Devos you'd think.

Doubt we'd have probalems playing Okafor as a back up C with small minutes at the 4.

You'd eventually geta buyer as well, especially if he puts in some OK games.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I'd also like to add that the Heat situation is so highly controversial simply because of the caliber of these players. If say, Iguodala, Ellis and David Lee collaborated to join a team together, you wouldn't hear so much as a peep from the media, even if tampering and disloyalty were prevalent topics.

Whether or not you believe LeBron is tainting his legacy by carving an easier path to the Finals, it's silly to criticize him for going through with an opportunity that isn't presented to many players. I find it humorous that people tend to glorify players who take pay cuts to help increase the talent level on their team, but are now chastising the Heat trio for carrying out a similar act.

This was an act of loyalty towards the game and the Larry O'Brien Trophy. He's simply trying to win a championship and doing it the best and easiest way he can. Lebron could have been 40 million dollars richer and yet, he chose the game.

I wouldn't mind Dwight doing this but it would be a back breaker.

quote:
Orlando is interested in an elite-level, pure point guard to replace Nelson, who has never averaged more than 5.6 assists per game in his six-year career and has three seasons and a combined total of $21.9 million left on his contract. The Magic attempted to make up for his distributing deficiencies by signing veteran Jason Williams last summer, but both him and veteran point guard Anthony Johnson will be free agents on July 1.

Is this a ****ing Joke?

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...rade_request_monday/

CHRIS PAUL 2 DA BLAZAS

Silly caption aside.. uh guys, this is kind of a big deal:

quote:
Chris Paul has yet to formally request that the Hornets trade him, but will do so during a scheduled meeting on Monday, according to a source.

Also, as far as the Povtak article on taking Okafor's contract, the article, quite frankly, is silly. He maintains that the Magic would be unwilling to take on Okafor & his contract. But in the middle of the article it says:

quote:
As FanHouse first reported before the NBA Draft last month, the Magic spoke with the Hornets about the possible availability of Paul, and a potential trade that would have included Vince Carter (the last year of his contract), Jameer Nelson and center Marcin Gortat for Paul and Okafor.

Safely assuming the Magic were the ones who called the Hornets, gee, it sure seems like the Magic were willing to take on Okafor before the Draft. So why oh why wouldn't they take him on now? What, because we matched Redick? I think that's highly unlikely.

I bet the Hornets hmmed and hawed and finally said "No" before the Draft. Now that Paul's pushing New Orleans to trade him, maybe now they'll say yes.

But my point in this case is that Povtak pretty much contradicted himself, in my view.

Finally, if this thing goes down, then Ramsde I will definitely take you up on your offer and sig you!

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Orlando is interested in an elite-level, pure point guard to replace Nelson, who has never averaged more than 5.6 assists per game in his six-year career and has three seasons and a combined total of $21.9 million left on his contract. The Magic attempted to make up for his distributing deficiencies by signing veteran Jason Williams last summer, but both him and veteran point guard Anthony Johnson will be free agents on July 1.

Is this a ****ing Joke?

Hahaha, that's an old article, and it's definitely terrible.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:

Is this a ****ing Joke?

Sadly, it's not.

I'm so close to making a Meer/Iggy > RuPaul thread it's not even funny

just thought I'd put it out there

okay guys ttyl