Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

from rev on realgm:

quote:
The rumor is that we may try and get both Chris Paul and Gilbert Arenas, allowing Gil to play the 2 as a pure scorer. Not sure how, just passing it along.

this is what I figured Otis would try to do. Elite PG, Dominant big man, dynamic scorer (if Arenas can regain to form) and all surrounded by snipers.

SO basically gut our entire team. Yeah, I'm sure it's going to happen.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Otis is going to have this on his mind all weekend. Unless he is a friggin moron of epic proportions, this thing is going to be stewing until Monday.

He's got some TOUGH decisions coming up if Paul gets his trade request. I know I wouldn't want to be in his position.

Like what?

Like trading away a team captain and mainstay on this team since the beginning of his tenure. Also trying to figure out what young assets he wants to keep. Also making sure everything makes financial sense. You know, the little things.

I'm a HUGE Nelson fan, but I would trade for Paul in a heartbeat, even if it means taking on Okafor's contract. You can't trade JJ or Q-Rich in the deal, they won't take back Shard, and we all know Dwight is off limits. Carter would have to be included to help reach the right contract amount, and help NO by being a huge expriing contract. After Carter, you can pretty much toss anyone else into the mix to make the numbers work, and we're still getting Chris Paul. F the little things.

I think it's that simple for normal folks like me and you. I think it's alot tougher for a guy like Otis who is actually involved in this process.

I normally would agree, but not when you have the chance to add one of the best PG's in the league (if not THE best). When you have that chance, without giving up Dwight, it's not really much of a choice, is it? I mean, sure, he might feel bad giving Nelson away, but it's not realistically going to stop him from making that trade. Right?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Otis is going to have this on his mind all weekend. Unless he is a friggin moron of epic proportions, this thing is going to be stewing until Monday.

He's got some TOUGH decisions coming up if Paul gets his trade request. I know I wouldn't want to be in his position.

Like what?

Like trading away a team captain and mainstay on this team since the beginning of his tenure. Also trying to figure out what young assets he wants to keep. Also making sure everything makes financial sense. You know, the little things.

I'm a HUGE Nelson fan, but I would trade for Paul in a heartbeat, even if it means taking on Okafor's contract. You can't trade JJ or Q-Rich in the deal, they won't take back Shard, and we all know Dwight is off limits. Carter would have to be included to help reach the right contract amount, and help NO by being a huge expriing contract. After Carter, you can pretty much toss anyone else into the mix to make the numbers work, and we're still getting Chris Paul. F the little things.

I think it's that simple for normal folks like me and you. I think it's alot tougher for a guy like Otis who is actually involved in this process.

I normally would agree, but not when you have the chance to add one of the best PG's in the league (if not THE best). When you have that chance, without giving up Dwight, it's not really much of a choice, is it? I mean, sure, he might feel bad giving Nelson away, but it's not realistically going to stop him from making that trade. Right?

Right. I still feel though that it will be tough. I know I had to give up my ex girlfriend to her new boyfriend or else he would stab me in the heart, but it was still tough doing so. You know what I'm saying?

Sure, it's an easy and logical thing to do. But you're trading away a piece of the heart and soul of the team. And I think choosing people outside of Dwight, Redick, and Lewis is a bit more difficult than we could imagine. Do we give up potentially a Troy Murphy type shard replacement in Ryan? Do we give up Bass? (well duh). I mean, we have to figure out what pieces are going to work for our team after the trade as well.

quote:

quote:

quote:

from rev on realgm:

quote:
The rumor is that we may try and get both Chris Paul and Gilbert Arenas, allowing Gil to play the 2 as a pure scorer. Not sure how, just passing it along.

this is what I figured Otis would try to do. Elite PG, Dominant big man, dynamic scorer (if Arenas can regain to form) and all surrounded by snipers.

its very much possible without gutting the team. Just send Okafor to Wash for Arenas.

The Knicks have assets, but are hampered by not being able to deal new free-agent point guard Raymond Felton until Dec. 15. Also, their three Golden State acquisitions can only be traded separately until Dec. 15 and can not be paired up in a trade. The biggest trade pawn of the Golden State trio is coveted Anthony Randolph. With the Hornets in the midst of a sale, they could have interest in the expiring contract of Eddy Curry to save money in a bigger package. The Knicks consider Wilson Chandler expendable in a trade, but if Paul is the prize, their prized prospect Danilo Gallinari is on the table too, the source said. Paul makes $15 million this season. The Knicks are $2.5M under the cap, so the trade does not have to be dollar-for-dollar. Speculation is the Hornets would want teams to take on the lousy long-term pact of center Emaka Okafor, who has four years and $52M left. Okafor is a center the Knicks can use, but his addition negates their chances of offering Anthony the maximum.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports...yvQVSiHUEs2x3BguzHoM

I did not know that they could not be in the same trade - so that complicates things a bit for the Knicks though the Hornets are likely demanding Okafor and Posey's contract to be included in any deal so really that should probably make three separate transactions not that big a hurdle to resolve.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

from rev on realgm:

quote:

its very much possible without gutting the team. Just send Okafor to Wash for Arenas.

So trading away possibly any combination of these players:

Nelson, VC, Anderson, Bass, Gortat, Pietrus, Orton isn't gutting this team?

If our roster could end up looking like

Paul/Duhon

Arenas/Redick

Q-Rich/Posey maybe?

Lewis/Anderson? Bass?

Dwight/Hopscotch Williams?

quote:

So trading away possibly any combination of these players:

Nelson, VC, Anderson, Bass, Gortat, Pietrus, Orton isn't gutting this team?

If our roster could end up looking like

Paul/Duhon

Arenas/Redick

Q-Rich/Posey maybe?

Lewis/Anderson? Bass?

Dwight/Hopscotch Williams?

to me it isn't. We still have solid depth. Although, we have to get a big. To me, gutting a team means clearing out your bench for 1-2 players. We're sending out 3-4 and getting back 2-3.

Thinking about it, getting Washington involved in a three teamer isn't a bad idea. It's obvious they like VC's expiring contract. Mayne they have assets the Hornets would like? I'm not real interested in adding Arenas though...