Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by jsrtreeson:

Speaking of chunk change, I wonder if Otis could get Rudy Rodriguez

who???

That's a classic reference. I can't believe you didn't get it.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic4Ever-more:

quote:
Originally posted by Hoopslife:

Hollinger had Orlando as the 1st team.

I say if we can't get Paul we shouldn't change much unless we can unload vince for a young 2 that plays good D and slashes to the hoop. (like Iggy) especially since all the premier Power Forwards like Bosh and Boozer already signed.

But I would put Bass at the 4 and move Rashard to the 3...no more stretch 4

yea the stretch 4 has to be done away with. hurting them in the finals last year and ecf this year. gotta play a traditional 4.

and this team desperately needs iggy.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

yea the stretch 4 has to be done away with. hurting them in the finals last year and ecf this year. gotta play a traditional 4.

how'd it hurt the team this year? We rebounded fine and garnett didn't play well at all.

Stretch 4 will still be used but not as much i suspect...but if we stand pat and SVG decides to start Ryan at the 4 everybody wins...Shard at the 3 and Ryan Anderson playing the "Stretch 4"

Ryan has to get better footwork and maybe add 10-15 Lbs of Muscle

quote:

quote:

how'd it hurt the team this year? We rebounded fine and garnett didn't play well at all.

You saw the height advantage Lewis had over Pierce in I think it was game 5 at the Small Forward. With Bass and Howard in there no one will be pushing us around. Rashard and KG neutralized eachother, we need Rashard to be effective for our team to be successfull. At least I think so.

quote:

quote:

there were rebounding issues in the first couple games of the ecf. plus offensive rebounds have always been an issue with this team.

and rashard lewis wasn't able to do anything offensively. i applaud him for locking garnett down but shard did jack **** on the offensive end.

quote:

quote:

quote:

there were rebounding issues in the first couple games of the ecf. plus offensive rebounds have always been an issue with this team.

and rashard lewis wasn't able to do anything offensively. i applaud him for locking garnett down but shard did jack **** on the offensive end.

thats more of a "lewis problem" than a stretch 4 problem.

Offensive rebounding is not part of our team philosophy. usually its just dwight down low rebounding while everybody runs down to stop fast breaks.

Thats why guys like rondo put up so many rebounds from the guard spot. Its not that he's some fantastic rebounder, he just crashes the board instead of flying out to the elbow to catch a pass and start a break. You choose one or the other, rebounding or fast breaks. It works the same on both ends of the court.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

thats more of a "lewis problem" than a stretch 4 problem.

Offensive rebounding is not part of our team philosophy. usually its just dwight down low rebounding while everybody runs down to stop fast breaks.

Thats why guys like rondo put up so many rebounds from the guard spot. Its not that he's some fantastic rebounder, he just crashes the board instead of flying out to the elbow to catch a pass and start a break. You choose one or the other, rebounding or fast breaks. It works the same on both ends of the court.

I consider that to be more of a stretch 4 problem......

and i know its not apart of the team philosophy which is why I'm highly critical of stan van gundy

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

How the **** are we the front runners in the East? Did ESPN not watch the show they've been plugging for a week?

ESPN has sucked off lebron since he came into the league. now they know that sucking him off is useless because he's now wade's *****. they turned on him and now they're gonna ride the magic's dick and hype them up 'til no end.

next season expect espn to run a half time special on "the science of dwight howard"