Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Yeah, that's what I was hearing, too. Where were you guys getting your updates?

Interesting stuff, thanks.

Soul Bro has voluteered to be the board's investigative reporter. He pulled this info from several sources and conveniently went on a road trip after he gave the update.

Deja Vu. lol

Haha, I read over the Soul Bro thread (or rather I read his first post...) and it is basically the same info I got, with one caveat - I heard Otis got pissed at NOLA because they kept agreeing and then changing their demands, so he dropped all negotiations with them and focused on other avenues, only to have them bite on his bluff and got things restarted.

quote:

Haha, I read over the Soul Bro thread (or rather I read his first post...) and it is basically the same info I got, with one caveat - I heard Otis got pissed at NOLA because they kept agreeing and then changing their demands, so he dropped all negotiations with them and focused on other avenues, only to have them bite on his bluff and got things restarted.

so this means what exactly in terms of us getting cp3?

quote:

What did Trey have to say?

Trey has a friend that's part of Paul's entourage. He basically told me (and the board) 3 weeks ago about how Paul was interested in leaving new orleans due to ownership not wanting to spend money on a competitive team.

Nothing else really so far.

As of now, from what I've heard (haven't received any e-mails the past couple days) negotiations are ongoing, but NOLA isn't exactly being accommodatin- my guess is they know how much of a blow it would be to lose him and are trying to find a better way. However, they are still talking, so they must not be set in their mind.

quote:

As of now, from what I've heard (haven't received any e-mails the past couple days) negotiations are ongoing, but NOLA isn't exactly being accommodatin- my guess is they know how much of a blow it would be to lose him and are trying to find a better way. However, they are still talking, so they must not be set in their mind.

Hey Rev...welcome home! Just for the sake of the less informed (me), are those negotations ongoing between us and NO, or with the other 4 or 5 teams as well??

Welcome back Rev.

Like other people, I'm getting concerned with the timeline. LBJ is dragging his feet on his decision, so the other dominoes (besides the obvious ones like Dirk & Pierce) are taking a while to fall..

I'm worried the TPE will expire and Otis will lose his leverage.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Welcome back Rev.

Like other people, I'm getting concerned with the timeline. LBJ is dragging his feet on his decision, so the other dominoes (besides the obvious ones like Dirk & Pierce) are taking a while to fall..

Otis won't let the TPE expire. He'll either use it to get Boozer or Paul. He would be an awful GM if he let that expire and he isn't awful, so something will get done.

The depressing part is that it will probably get done on July 7th. So we got a couple more days to wait.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNKentucky:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Welcome back Rev.

Otis won't let the TPE expire. He'll either use it to get Boozer or Paul. He would be an awful GM if he let that expire and he isn't awful, so something will get done.

The depressing part is that it will probably get done on July 7th. So we got a couple more days to wait.

how is he supposed to use the tpe to get boozer? it's not like he can force other teams to make a trade.