Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by ExoCore:

quote:
Originally posted by ucfknights22:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

why couldn't Pondexter be included? I always thought as long as a draftee wasn't signed yet, he could be moved as a draft pick, and not as a player fill-in (if that makes sense)?

It's because that draft pick was acquired via trade on draft night. I don't know exactly why, but it's what I've read. My guess is that the first trade doesn't go through til the 8th, then he can be traded.

If Gortart included not before the 13th

Gortat's BYC status expires July 1 as well. In fact, all of the BYC statuses expire July 1. Unless you're referencing some other issue.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ExoCore:

quote:

quote:

why couldn't Pondexter be included? I always thought as long as a draftee wasn't signed yet, he could be moved as a draft pick, and not as a player fill-in (if that makes sense)?

It's because that draft pick was acquired via trade on draft night. I don't know exactly why, but it's what I've read. My guess is that the first trade doesn't go through til the 8th, then he can be traded.

If Gortart included not before the 13th

Gortat's BYC status expires July 1 as well. In fact, all of the BYC statuses expire July 1. Unless you're referencing some other issue.

UR right my bad!!

No trades can be completed from July 1st to July 8th so if the Magic are making any trades in the upcoming weeks it'll have to be starting next Thrusday (July 8th).

This thread might get bigger than we thought...

quote:

quote:

Oh yeah; I forgot they got that pick via trade. Definitely makes things a bit trickier. Thanks.

Maybe we can just do a 1-for-1 trade with the draft picks, as a seperate deal? Orton for Pondexter straight up? We'll see.

Got this 3-way trade off realgm and tweaked it just a lil bit:

Orlando receives Paul,Boozer,Posey

Utah gets Okafor

Hornets gets Jameer + Carter + TPE

Magic's roster:

CE: D12 / Gortat / Orton

PF: Boozer / Bass / Ryan

SF: Lewis / Posey/ Robinson

SG: JJ / Pietrus /

PG: Paul / FA / FA

We'd still have pieces to flip into a starting SG?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh yeah; I forgot they got that pick via trade. Definitely makes things a bit trickier. Thanks.

Maybe we can just do a 1-for-1 trade with the draft picks, as a seperate deal? Orton for Pondexter straight up? We'll see.

Got this 3-way trade off realgm and tweaked it just a lil bit:

Orlando receives Paul,Boozer,Posey

Utah gets Okafor

Hornets gets Jameer + Carter + TPE

Magic's roster:

CE: D12 / Gortat / Orton

PF: Boozer / Bass / Ryan

SF: Lewis / Posey/ Robinson

SG: JJ / Pietrus /

PG: Paul / FA / FA

We'd still have pieces to flip into a starting SG?

apparently the rest of the league's teams really want the magic to win a title. chris paul alone is going to be a huge stretch, but we're going to get paul & boozer and still flip for a good sg?

it's early in the day, how much have you had to drink?

VC15dunker is right. We cannot make the trade til July 8. The BYC status comes off July 1 but July 1 is the first day of the July Moratorium. So very limited transactions can take place during that period.

Check out number 92:

Salary Cap FAQ