Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

4000, here we come.

Also, Thornton is a solid scorer, and a very good defender.

Don't let Miller see that. He ignored Thornton's second year and didn't chalk up that he was one two horrible teams in his down years.

I didn't ignore his second season. It was nothing special, he may have averaged 16.8 ppg, but he did it averaging 38 minutes a game while shooting 25% from three. He's a role player, we really don't need to go out and make a trade for a role player. We have some solid ones on our roster, and could lure some in with FA. He's not someone I'm really interested in, especially while giving up VC who we could trade for more at the deadline.

Why does everyone have to have a high 3pt % in order to be considered good? It'd be nice to have a guy who got to the line and had a mid range game for once.

Look, if he were a FA, I'd be okay with bringing him in. But that trade is god awful. In no way does trading the closest thing to a go to scorer we have (who becomes attractive trade bait at the deadline) for three role players make sense. Sorry, but we could do better. Maybe if we made it a three way deal with us getting Deng with Hinrich and Thornton I would do it....but not this one. I'm just not interested in giving up VC for a guy like Thornton.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Here's some info I was sitting on, don't figure it would ruin any trades, might cause some controversy:

I asked about the impact of Jameer leaving and the effect on Dwight. Magical said he's been asked about it (he being Dwight) and seemed OK with it, though he obviously doesn't want to see his co-captain leave. Remember, Dwight and CP3 were on the Olympic team together, and all those guys became very close.

However, Magical reiterated that Dwight isn't being babied like LeBron. He is the star player, not the GM. He isn't given authority to build the team based on relationships. Otis has no problem using Dwight's personality to lure guys in, but they don't target Dwight's buddies - and that is by design. Dooling was let go because he was too buddy buddy with Dwight and wasn't creating a winning atmosphere. That was also part of the Hedo decision. They want someone with fire, that isn't so lackadaisical and joking all the time. This all came to a head with the now infamous JWill / Rondo loose ball.

So while Dwight is asked if he'd be OK with it, he's hardly the lynchpin. Being uncomfortable and working through it creates greatness.

I don't understand how that loose ball played into anything.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

One last moral question for the mods:

Do you let this thread slowly slip away and hope it dies a quiet and painless death, or do you play God and pull the plug?

we pull the plug if there's no news by july 2nd

They have spoken... No matter what happens this draft will officially be known as " The Chris Paul Draft "

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

Do you let this thread slowly slip away and hope it dies a quiet and painless death, or do you play God and pull the plug?

we pull the plug if there's no news by july 2nd

I think July 9th should be the absolute cutoff.

we really gotta play it by ear. we can move it to the HOF and back if we need to

quote:

Aren't you playing God plugging someone into life support to begin with?

quote:

Neither. We (this thread) don't believe in MOD.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

Thornton is a poor man's Deng, but considering Deng's contract and injury history he's a better move.

no way deng is better all around and is one of the top mid range shooter in the game.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Neither. We (this thread) don't believe in MOD.

lol... Strength in #'s