Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by elephant27:

From Alex Kennedy:

quote:
According to sources, this WAS-ORL deal (Vince Carter for Kirk Hinrich, Randy Foye, and Al Thornton) hasn't died yet.

Man, Alex Kennedy is blatantly full of ****.

Such a trade wouldn't even work under salary CAP rules. Players can't be included in trades with other players for 6 months after they were previously traded. That trade couldn't occur until mid-December.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

From Alex Kennedy:

quote:
According to sources, this WAS-ORL deal (Vince Carter for Kirk Hinrich, Randy Foye, and Al Thornton) hasn't died yet.

Such a trade wouldn't even work under salary CAP rules. Players can't be included in trades with other players for 6 months after they were previously traded. That trade couldn't occur until mid-December.

Honest question, I don't know the answer, but how was Quentin Richardson traded around to something like six different teams last summer?

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

quote:

From Alex Kennedy:

quote:

Honest question, I don't know the answer, but how was Quentin Richardson traded around to something like six different teams last summer?

Players can be traded every single day, provided that in each of those trades that player is the only one being traded by his team.

These are the trades that Richardson was involved in last season:

# June 25, 2009: Traded by the New York Knicks along with cash considerations to the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for Darko Mili?i?.

# July 17, 2009: Traded by the Memphis Grizzlies to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Zach Randolph.

# July 20, 2009: Traded by the Los Angeles Clippers to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Sebastian Telfair, Mark Madsen, and Craig Smith.

# August 13, 2009: Traded by the Minnesota Timberwolves to the Miami Heat in exchange for Mark Blount.

In each trade, he was the only one his team was sending. Thus, the trade worked. What Kennedy is suggesting doesn't, because Hinrich is being combined with other players.

quote:

quote:

quote:

From Alex Kennedy:

quote:

lol

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From Alex Kennedy:

quote:

Players can be traded every single day, provided that in each of those trades that player is the only one being traded by his team.

These are the trades that Richardson was involved in last season:

# June 25, 2009: Traded by the New York Knicks along with cash considerations to the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for Darko Mili?i?.

# July 17, 2009: Traded by the Memphis Grizzlies to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Zach Randolph.

# July 20, 2009: Traded by the Los Angeles Clippers to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Sebastian Telfair, Mark Madsen, and Craig Smith.

# August 13, 2009: Traded by the Minnesota Timberwolves to the Miami Heat in exchange for Mark Blount.

In each trade, he was the only one his team was sending. Thus, the trade worked. What Kennedy is suggesting doesn't, because Hinrich is being combined with other players.

Gotcha

quote:

quote:

From Alex Kennedy:

quote:

I'm pretty sure there is a 24 hour window after the first trade in which the player can be included in a multi-player deal but there wouldn't be long before that closes though. Also, I'm pretty sure Randy Foye is an RFA so he can't be traded.

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

I'm pretty sure there is a 24 hour window after the first trade in which the player can be included in a multi-player deal

There isn't.

However, I was off earlier. It's 2 months before they can be combined with other players. It's 6 months before signed FAs can be traded. My bad.

quote:

quote:

quote:

From Alex Kennedy:

quote:

I'm pretty sure there is a 24 hour window after the first trade in which the player can be included in a multi-player deal but there wouldn't be long before that closes though. Also, I'm pretty sure Randy Foye is an RFA so he can't be traded.

Give it till June 30th. If it doesn't happen, then we may all be angry.

quote:

I tell you what, if this trade does actually happen then a LOT of people are going to be shocked.

So many "experts" are reporting that Paul will not be traded.

There could be a healthy dose of humble pie served up in the next week.

Well, its NOT going to happen. So we don't have to worry about all of that.

quote:
Originally posted by Stinger24:

Wait over 200 pages and nothing happened

Most epic "Rick roll" of all time...congrats to all involved.