Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanSince1993:

I wonder if Toronto is the 3rd team needed to complete the CP3 trade. Sending Hedo Turkaglu to Orlando, and Emeka Okafor to Toronto. Toronto needs a center.

I'm Sleep

Possible stroke of genius. Maybe so.

i think that one thing is for sure in this offseason otis will be looking to trade or replace

carter,gortat,williams,barnes,bass and maybe my beloved peaches

quote:
Originally posted by Doublet23:

i say if the bulls want to trade us deng so be it but trade them peaches and bass not gortat which has a higher value and can help us later on. we get a good shooter and a good defender at the 3 spot plus it wont affect us on other possible trades since we will still have anderson,nelson,carter and gortat as trading chips

I'm not down with trading Peaches but I'd trade Peaches and Gortat before I traded Peaches and Bass. If we trade Gortat and Peaches for Deng then our lineup could look something like this until we sign some PG depth:

PG: Jameer Nelson

SG: Vince Carter/J.J. Redick

SF: Rashard Lewis/Vince Carter/Stanley Robinson

PF: Luol Deng/Brandon Bass/Ryan Anderson

C: Dwight Howard/Daniel Orton

Than maybe bring in a 3rd center for league minimum and add a free agent like Foye to backup Jameer at the Point

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Doublet23:

i say if the bulls want to trade us deng so be it but trade them peaches and bass not gortat which has a higher value and can help us later on. we get a good shooter and a good defender at the 3 spot plus it wont affect us on other possible trades since we will still have anderson,nelson,carter and gortat as trading chips

I'm not down with trading Peaches but I'd trade Peaches and Gortat before I traded Peaches and Bass. If we trade Gortat and Peaches for Deng then our lineup could look something like this until we sign some PG depth:

PG: Jameer Nelson

SG: Vince Carter/J.J. Redick

SF: Rashard Lewis/Vince Carter/Stanley Robinson

PF: Luol Deng/Brandon Bass/Ryan Anderson

C: Dwight Howard/Daniel Orton

Than maybe bring in a 3rd center for league minimum and add a free agent like Foye to backup Jameer at the Point

I think Deng would be SF and Shard would stay at PF.

Ok, so...

A) Deal has taken a turn the wrong way, no deal.

B) Deal is done, announcement later.

C) Deal is almost done, just need to find a 3rd team to take Okafor/someone else.

D) Nothing has happened/Nothing will happen

E) Fill in the blanks: "___________________"

Which is it?

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

Leaning towards nothing has/will happen! Otis, please prove me wrong!

This is what I'm thinking as well. Something may get done in a trade but I don't see it happening with the Hornets.

I'm absolutely disgusted with the Magic. We were supposed to trade for Luol Deng, didn't happen. We were supposed to trade for CHRIS PAUL, didn't happen. We were supposed to draft either Quincy Pondexter, Devin Ebanks, or Jordan Crawford, instead we draft some stiff that only played five minutes a game (but it's all good because he went to Kentucky). I'm so pissed right now, Otis Smith can get ****ed. At least the Lakers took Ebanks, I'll have someone to cheer for when I move out there.

Magical <<< TragicFan

Who is to blame for this?

I didn't believe we were/are getting CP3, but I sure as hell want(ed) him here.

But disappointment is starting to set in... Especially is we won't get any big free agent. I mean, same team as last year (basically) against a team of say... LeBron, Bosh, Rose or Wade, LeBron, Bosh/Boozer... would be hard, hard, HARD.

I know that the rumors got our hopes up, but did we really think that we were getting Chris Paul, honestly? The Magic on the receiving end of a blockbuster trade that drastically benefits us, finally upgrading to a guy that will actually get Dwight the ball when he is in position, and find the open shooters more often when they're actually open? The Magic are too in love with Jameer for that to happen, and we don't have the front office creativity to initiate an elaborate three team deal to make it happen even if it were true. Otis is a rather simple guy, nothing fancy is gonna happen. I wonder how many people are gonna wake up and just be pissed that there are no signs indicating that Paul will even be traded! We trade anyone not named Dwight for this guy, but that's not the Magic "way" it seems. Sucks, but that's Magic. Anyways, I'm back off to bed emotionally distraught as I'm forcefully vowing myself to never check this thread again...

starting Friday night.