quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by XaviInThe407:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LJ Magic:

Some of these posts make me laugh because it is like three years ago all over again when people said that the Celtics wouldn't be good enough to win with three superstars and a bunch of castoffs. Guess what, they not only won but they kicked our butts. That was a squad made up of guys mostly past their primes. If Wade, Bosh, Noah, and Rose team up we are in deep trouble. That is a young nucleus of all stars and future all stars and they are going to be the team to beat in the east. Take off the blue goggles folks. If Wade and Bosh sign on then we need a Chris Paul type of deal to keep up.

nah, the deals arent really comparable. Pierce Allen and Garnett all fit together well. It took good (defensive) coaching, an established core of good draft picks (perkins, rondo, and to a much lesser extent tony allen), and two "last hurrah" guys ( cassell and brown) to make that championship happen. It took those guys to be past their prime for it to all work out well.

Lebron and Wade are both "Pierce" type guys. Bosh does not even compare to Garnett.

The possibility is there, but to say its the same situation shows an improper respect for the complexities of the '08 celtics and how hard it actually is to build a team that fits together.

Lebron, D. Wade & Bosh are all Magic killers..lol..Don't lie to yourself..lol.

gary payton, karl malone, Kobe, Shaq

Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain x3

the 82-83 lakers

those combinations of players didn't win it all.

Malone was in his last year and got injured in the finals, Payton was a shell of his old self. If Malone was healthy they could have won the finals. Bad Example.

Baylor, West and Chamberlain lost to a Celtics Dynasty including hall of famers Russell, Havlicek, Sam Jones and a Knicks team including hall of famers Reed, Frazier, DeBusschere, and Bradley. Bad Example

The 82-83 Lakers lost to a Sixers team with hall of famers Julius Erving, and Moses Malone plus players like Mo Cheeks, Bobby Jones, and Andrew Toney. Bad Example

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Some of these posts make me laugh because it is like three years ago all over again when people said that the Celtics wouldn't be good enough to win with three superstars and a bunch of castoffs. Guess what, they not only won but they kicked our butts. That was a squad made up of guys mostly past their primes. If Wade, Bosh, Noah, and Rose team up we are in deep trouble. That is a young nucleus of all stars and future all stars and they are going to be the team to beat in the east. Take off the blue goggles folks. If Wade and Bosh sign on then we need a Chris Paul type of deal to keep up.

nah, the deals arent really comparable. Pierce Allen and Garnett all fit together well. It took good (defensive) coaching, an established core of good draft picks (perkins, rondo, and to a much lesser extent tony allen), and two "last hurrah" guys ( cassell and brown) to make that championship happen. It took those guys to be past their prime for it to all work out well.

Lebron and Wade are both "Pierce" type guys. Bosh does not even compare to Garnett.

The possibility is there, but to say its the same situation shows an improper respect for the complexities of the '08 celtics and how hard it actually is to build a team that fits together.

the 82-83 lakers

I said this way earlier in the thread. The Lakers with Baylor, Wilt, and West didn't even win it all until Baylor retired. Sometimes less is more...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

the 82-83 lakers

Malone was in his last year and got injured in the finals, Payton was a shell of his old self. If Malone was healthy they could have won the finals. Bad Example.

Baylor, West and Chamberlain lost to a Celtics Dynasty including hall of famers Russell, Havlicek, Sam Jones and a Knicks team including hall of famers Reed, Frazier, DeBusschere, and Bradley. Bad Example

The 82-83 Lakers lost to a Sixers team with hall of famers Julius Erving, and Moses Malone plus players like Mo Cheeks, Bobby Jones, and Andrew Toney. Bad Example

They weren't hall of famers while they were playing. Dwight might be a hall of famer. If lewis can play for a few more years and break ray allen's eventual records then he might be in the hall of fame. If Vince gets a championship he might be in the hall of fame. Daniel Orton might surprise us all and be a top center eventual hall of famer.

Glory, Fame, and Championships are earned. Just because you put talent on the floor does not mean you get to win it all automatically.

We've been good enough to win it all these last two years. It hasn't worked out yet. We've beaten "better" teams before, we can beat them again.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

the 82-83 lakers

They weren't hall of famers while they were playing. Dwight might be a hall of famer. If lewis can play for a few more years and break ray allen's eventual records then he might be in the hall of fame. If Vince gets a championship he might be in the hall of fame. Daniel Orton might surprise us all and be a top center eventual hall of famer.

Glory, Fame, and Championships are earned. Just because you put talent on the floor does not mean you get to win it all automatically.

We've been good enough to win it all these last two years. It hasn't worked out yet. We've beaten "better" teams before, we can beat them again.

Hope you are right though it is less of an uphill battle if you have the most talent. It would be nice to be in that boat.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Bulls/Magic ECF, the 90's have come full circle. Can we get this series on NBC every year?

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

wmode="transparent"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-TEQ0yMN0&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

I suck at embedding. Lewis, feel free to make it work.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

the 82-83 lakers

Hope you are right though it is less of an uphill battle if you have the most talent. It would be nice to be in that boat.

meh, i don't like that boat. our boat is stressful but more fulfilling.

quote:
Originally posted by orlmgc4ever:

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

quote:

I agree with you but getting Cp3 is not going to happen.....Getting anybody might not happen cause Otis wants to "Wait and See" and sit on his azz while other teams are making moves and players are dropping like flies....my fear is by the time Otis wants to wake up and make a move nobody is going to be left and what we have is the same team with better backup players...I like Otis but at this point playing the Pokerface game will probably cost us IMO

Otis has yet to prove me wrong. The Vince Carter looked AMAZING when it happened - who was supposed to know he would flop so badly? I have NO DOUBTS in my mind he has something up his sleeve. If he doesn't pull the trigger, it means we wouldn't get better by doing it. Remember, this team has been one game off back-to-back 60 win seasons. We have 4 All-Stars in our starting line-up (fine - a couple aren't playing up to par), but nonetheless, we have a GREAT team that if Carter had shown up, would have been in the NBA Finals.

I'm not jumping ship this quickly on Otis. He has a gameplan. He always does.

I'm not Jumping ship either but this offseason is different from others in that players are committing early and quick and each day that goes by another player comes off the board...They can't officially sign until the 8th i believe but players are still agreeing to terms and they are going a mile a minute...i mean take Steve Blake for example Orlando was interested and it just got public maybe a day or two ago and before Orlando fans could even think of an opinion he already agreed to sign with LA and that was the only guy that the orlando Front Office was officially quoted as someone they were interested in Besides Cj Watson but i hope he can pull something off but i don't see why Otis has to Alienate everybody around him including the DieHard Fans who are Emotionally invested in this team and want to see this team win a Title

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Bron, Bosh and Wade are now Magic killers. I've heard it all.

Seriously, its like the word has lost all meaning. You aren't a Magic killer if you also kill every other team in the NBA.