Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

What bridges did Johnson burn exactly? Everything he said about Atlanta fans is true. And yes, I would say that if Howard said it about us, if we acted the way Atlanta fans did.

there would be such a great pic reference here if the bridges of madison county took place somewhere near atlanta.

I think the Hawks management would be stupid not to offer Johnson something though. He is a high quality SG and I think that if people were smart in ATL (asking a lot) then they would forget the stuff he said last year during the playoffs and start focusing on getting past the second round. They have increased their season win total each year for like 4-5 years. I say that their starting lineup is fine. They need to add quality players off the bench to help them get over the hump.

But speaking as a Magic fan, I hope Johnson goes somewhere else and the Hawks lose a step or two in their competition (if you want to call it that) with the Magic in that Division.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

is it an appropriate time to mention that Atlanta plans on offering Johnson a max deal?

bad move, they are morAns.

i wonder who will want to split from that squad now.

Its actually a rather...cunning move(pun intended). The way I see it, is that JJ is not quite MAX talent. So, he could leave ATL empty-handed at the best offer available. But if ATL goes ahead and ups the anty a little bit(to max territory) of all the other 6 teams fighting for the few top level fa's out there someone will be forced to settle on JJ for fear of reprisal from fans(see NY). Now, ATL can utilize JJ in a sign and trade and actually get pieces back instead of just letting him walk.

After the bridges JJ burned in ATL, I doubt he is back. But, if ATL inflates the price of JJ to the MAX level, then they can get assets back in the form of a sign and trade.

one too many jj's...

and, that's a big gamble from the gm, no one will be beating themselves over the head if they don't get johnson, it's the lebron/bosh era of free agency now, and if new york loses out on those two, i can see a multiple number of smaller contracts that would help them out better than just a shooter that isn't always there.

but i see where your coming from, just too much of a gamble for me.

I'm not saying that I would do that as the GM of the Hawks, necessarily. I agree its risky, but given the uncertainty of the CBA and the time some organizations have put into this FA period, I doubt they take the chance of all their penny pinching going to waste-which will essentially happen with the new CBA probably.

Somebody will overpay for Johnson(agree about the too much JJ thing). And it really is a high risk-high reward scenario, because ATL is nowhere near under the cap, so they need to get creative in their financing. They cant just trot out the same lineup and expect better results next year. And I dont think they are profiting much being a non-championsip-contender-but-not-lottery team either. Something has to give, either they regress to the mean(more likely) or they step up their agressiveness to try to get to the next level.

edit: upon second look, ATL is under the cap...w/o Johnson on the books. We will see what they do with that.

How about we get Arenas, Paul and Stoudemire here?

PG: Paul

SG: Arenas

SF: Lewis

PF: Stoudemire

C: Howard

Bench: Jareth Cutestory, TreyTime, jec, Foyle, Lewis4thewin, Steve Kyler, SVG and Ewing

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Since we're on topic, who is Ben Q Rock of Orlando Pinstriped Post? Is he one of you guys?

LOD knows him. I think he said he's based out of tampa. No he's not one of us as far as i know.

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Bench: Jareth Cutestory, TreyTime, jec, Foyle, Lewis4thewin, Steve Kyler, SVG and Ewing

I have enough height to play SG and enough weight to play PF...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Since we're on topic, who is Ben Q Rock of Orlando Pinstriped Post? Is he one of you guys?

LOD knows him. I think he said he's based out of tampa. No he's not one of us as far as i know.

I just found his site. Is it a fan blog? I like his writing.... Informative and witty.

quote:

dude, I could school all of those bench players you mentioned-except Chewing, out of respect. I would do it for free too.

quote:

quote:

I have enough height to play SG and enough weight to play PF...

I didn't make the team?? What in the world...