Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

The only fact (if you want to call it that) we know is that Otis is actively looking to make this team better.

The following players are most certainly being offered, and chances are, likely won't be with the team either at the start of the season or before it ends.

Vince Carter

Marcin Gortat

Mickael Pietrus

Brandon Bass

Otis is calling everyone who will pick up the phone, and listening to all deals.

My point being, if we wake up one day and it says "Magic acquire Rudy Gay" after there being absolutely no mention of it, don't be surprised. It's how the guy works.

That makes this offseason that much more nerve racking, and exciting.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

The only fact (if you want to call it that) we know is that Otis is actively looking to make this team better.

The following players are most certainly being offered, and chances are, likely won't be with the team either at the start of the season or before it ends.

Vince Carter

Marcin Gortat

Mickael Pietrus

Brandon Bass

Otis is calling everyone who will pick up the phone, and listening to all deals.

My point being, if we wake up one day and it says "Magic acquire Rudy Gay" after there being absolutely no mention of it, don't be surprised. It's how the guy works.

truth.com

quote:
Originally posted by elephant27:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by thelead:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

I suggest a temporary ban on all CP3 threads until he is actually in a Magic uni.

I second that motion... plus I don't want any info posted that hurts the objective of getting CP3.

LOL seriously?

I was thinking the same thing. The idiots have come out in full force. This thread has gone downhill fast.. smile_svgsad.png

When was it ever UPHILL?

quote:

Vince Carter

Marcin Gortat

Mickael Pietrus

Brandon Bass

Nice post. Pretty spot on.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

this is one giant post of suck

what amazing insight, I gather by this well thought out post you must be a very intelligent human being with unrivaled knowledge of all aspects of the NBA

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

why would we want to bring in Brand? he slows the offense down and can really only play near the basket and inefficient at that and making like $45m over the next 3 yrs and he has injury concerns - he's really an undersized center...as a back up center I'd prefer to keep Gortat and focus on getting him to improve his offense so he can become part of the PF rotation - he already knows the plays - continuity trumps change unless its huge like CP3 but for Brant no way - Iggy would be nice but with his contract would mean he has to work or were stuck - and he's not exactly that go to guy we're looking for plus he's not a good 3pt shooter and so so FT though he is solid from defense and intangibles but is he the guy who's going to be the go to guy in the 4th quarter of the NBA finals - I doubt it

Oh wow, read around dude. Getting Brand wouldn't be because he'd help the team, it'd be much like taking Okafor's contract if we were to get Paul.

Iggy is a very good defender and plays multiple positions, he's a good scorer, and he's EXTREMELY athletic. Oh, and he's 26 years old. He's probably one of the best chances we have in acquiring a swingman to do that job. Sure, he's not Wade or LeBron or Kobe, but we're not getting any of those guys, and if the CP3 deal falls through, Iggy would probably be our best chance to be back in the Finals.

A few things to understand, here:

Howard will probably be much better offensively next year. I say this because in the last 3 years his offensive game has grown tremendously. Sure, the numbers dropped (in attempts) this year, but his mechanics have been great and he has looked very, VERY comfortable).

Howard came into the league straight from HS. The guy was a stick and VERY raw. In his first few years, he spent lifting weights and getting bigger and stronger. He had to focus on these things first, and now, more than ever, you will start to see growth in his offensive game.

Jameer, Howard, and Lewis themselves are somewhat capable in taking over a game in their own ways. Our biggest problem this year was that Jameer was inconsistent in the Boston series and our SHOOTING GUARD not only shot a-la- Brandon Jennings (except much worse from 3), but he was also a defensive liability. This is something that wouldn't happen with Iggy. If he's having an off-day, he'll still contribute defensively and run the floor. Not to mention he's a good rebounder.

You add Iggy, and he will pretty much do what Barnes AND Carter did, except he'll be taking one spot on the roster. Perhaps we would move Lewis to SF and have Brand or another PF defend and grab rebounds.

Now, you have both Nelson and Iggy capable of scoring/making plays, Iggy guarding the other team's best player, Shard being Shard, PF, and Howard doing what he does best.

I also think Iggy would be more comfortable not having to be the #1 option all the time, and you'd have two guys flying for dunks every game.

quote:
Originally posted by elephant27:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by thelead:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

I suggest a temporary ban on all CP3 threads until he is actually in a Magic uni.

I second that motion... plus I don't want any info posted that hurts the objective of getting CP3.

LOL seriously?

I was thinking the same thing. The idiots have come out in full force. This thread has gone downhill fast.. smile_svgsad.png

So you're saying that leaked info, isn't read on forums? Seriously, I don't think that it would stop a trade, but you don't want info to be leaked out either unless something is done.

If this wasn't the case, GM's would negotiate openly through the media... talk gets around and fast. Now for all of that are just speculating, of course, no one cares... but people (media members) do read forums.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:
Originally posted by RadiantShot:

Does anyone have a link saying we're even LOOKING at Iguodala, or is everyone just speculating? I'm 90% sure Otis hasn't even thought about Andre.

I'm 87 percent sure that he has.

Link or it didn't happen.

You could be right. Otis probably has talked to everyone.

I haven't heard anything about Iggy, but I doubt Otis has ruled it out. I hope this whole Chris Paul thing either happens by July 2nd or is completely terminated, and Otis starts pursuing Iggy/Gay

Swingman swingman swingman. I've been saying it since last year when Wince started to disappear.

What do the teams who won the title the past 3 years have?

Exactly.

This is all of course if this Paul business was nonsense.

quote:

Swingman swingman swingman. I've been saying it since last year when Wince started to disappear.

What do the teams who won the title the past 3 years have?

Exactly.

This is all of course if this Paul business was nonsense.

Plus uno.

That's completely true.

Pierce, Kobe, Kobe.

We need to jump on an opportunity to pick up SG or SF if we have the chance..I heard Rudy Gay does well in big games..