Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fins:

I debated whether or not to post this, because I'm positive jareth and jec will reply with something that represents the absurdity and ridiculousness of the Kindergarten teacher in Billy Madison, but...

Why the hell not? Here it goes. This is not "insider info," just a fact that I'd like to reiterate.

I'm a Louisianian and am very close to people in Galliano, LA who are neighbors to Gary Chouest, the tugboat and oil rig mogul who wants to buy the Hornets from George Shinn. These people are also Hornets season ticket holders who have their ear to the ground.

First off, let's make this crystal clear: George Shinn BADLY wants to sell the Hornets, and Gary Chouest BADLY wants to buy the Hornets. Chouest is a basketball fanatic. His sons were high school stars at South Lafourche High School and they have a regulation size NBA court in their friggin house for Pete's sake.

That being said, due to the oil spill in the gulf, Chouest had to lay of 30 of his boats and his business is hurting. He is a business man first. So, he does NOT want to take over a franchise that is in debt and be the head of two sinking companies. What is the only way to get said franchise out of debt? Get rid of horrible contracts and shed payroll.

You know where this is going...

No team, obviously, will take on those bad contracts without getting CP3 in return.

So, the bottom line is Shinn wants to sell the team way more than the public is being led on, and Chouest wants to buy the team more than anything.

The only factor stopping the sale is the Hornets' debt. The sale cannot and will not happen, like both sides badly want, without Chris Paul being involved in a cash-shedding move.

They don't WANT to trade Chris Paul, but it may be a necessity for the desired sale to happen.

What a great post. Seriously, thanks. Good info.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

Just to clarify, is this the "rambling statement that did not rule out the trading of star Chris Paul" that Adrian Wojnarowski was talking about?

quote:

quote:

I debated whether or not to post this, because I'm positive jareth and jec will reply with something that represents the absurdity and ridiculousness of the Kindergarten teacher in Billy Madison, but...

The last thing I want to do is discourage people from sharing their opinions.

Thank you Fins. This gives us an inside look at the business side and what's taking place in the sales process. Basically, shed Okafor & Posey and the sale happens. However, no ones will take those two unless CP3 is included too.

How many of you scum bags are now in support BP? SMH

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just to clarify, is this the "rambling statement that did not rule out the trading of star Chris Paul" that Adrian Wojnarowski was talking about?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

I included absolutely zero speculation or opinion in that post.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

I included absolutely zero speculation or opinion in that post.

um... ok...

quote:
Originally posted by Zephyrballs:

I can't believe this thread has 1000+ posts

and when the deal goes down, you can proudly say you participated in one of the greatest threads of all time.

Welcome to the board.

To back up what fins said, I read an article that said the NO franchise deal was in trouble due to a financial problem. I'll try and find the link but there's a ton of CP3 trade articles. So, in short, I completely believe you fins.