Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hindsight

Trade Rumor w/ The Bulls

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

Lol @ Pietrus > Deng

seriously...we all love air france, but that's just being on his jock a little too much.

I wasnt saying Pietrus > Deng... I was laughing at how people are acting like Pietrus > Deng

Wow, there's a lot of people on these boards that quite clearly no nothing about Deng. The guy would be a huge upgrade over what we have at SF. Also, if it means ridding us of Gortat then i'm all for it.

It's pointless having someone on 6+ a year that struggles to get 10+ mins a game, it's an absolute waste and I swear people are on crazy pills if they think they can get a max contract guy for Gortat and Pietrus/Bass. All 3 were poor this year.

All this team needs is a minor tweak. I agree Deng is earning quite a lot but there is no way this team picks up a max player this offseason. The pieces we have to trade with means the most likely players that are obtainable are 3rd option guys and having Deng would definitely make us better than what we are now.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

Best backup C in Nba and decent wing defender and scorer for a lanky big guy who has underachieved and is injury prone. Has not proven anything as of yet in the NBA except against subpar 50% winning teams. Horrible trade.

what have gortat or pietrus ever accomplished? this whole "gortat will get us a top lottery pick or a young star" is getting ridiculous.

Did I say gortat was going to get us a lottery pick or a young star? No. I don't like this trade, for the best backup center in the Nba even w/o peaches. I thought we were trying to get a big so shard can move down to SF and we can stop this play-style and start out rebounding teams every game. Deng isn't going to bring shard down to SF. Shard will stay at Pf. You really think that puts us over the hump? Lawl.

quote:

Lol @ Pietrus > Deng

Nice well thought out post

Perhaps you should factor in two things

money

injuries

guess what, when deng misses 30 games next year, who do we have to put in his place? maybe we can get litton johnson again

Magical says this could be Otis seeing what else is available if he can't get one of the PF's that he likes. All indications are still towards pushing for one those guys.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best backup C in Nba and decent wing defender and scorer for a lanky big guy who has underachieved and is injury prone. Has not proven anything as of yet in the NBA except against subpar 50% winning teams. Horrible trade.

what have gortat or pietrus ever accomplished? this whole "gortat will get us a top lottery pick or a young star" is getting ridiculous.

Did I say gortat was going to get us a lottery pick or a young star? No. I don't like this trade, for the best backup center in the Nba even w/o peaches. I thought we were trying to get a big so shard can move down to SF and we can stop this play-style and start out rebounding teams every game. Deng isn't going to bring shard down to SF. Shard will stay at Pf. You really think that puts us over the hump? Lawl.

did i say you said those things? no. the fact remains that people don't want to trade gortat because they think he's going to get us some young star. he has value in this league but not the type of value that you center a trade around for a star player.

who said we were looking to get big and move shard down to sf. it's what we want to see but there's a good chance that he stays right where he is. nobody knows truly what otis is doing or who he's on the phones with.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Magical says this could be Otis seeing what else is available if he can't get one of the PF's that he likes. All indications are still towards pushing for one those guys.

do you have anything about a potential deal that's being talked about or is it all just "otis wants this star player next to dwight" type of stuff?

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:

Lol @ Pietrus > Deng

Nice well thought out post

Perhaps you should factor in two things

money

injuries

guess what, when deng misses 30 games next year, who do we have to put in his place? maybe we can get litton johnson again

So Pietrus isn't also injury prone? Dude only topped 70 games twice in his 7 year career. Deng did it 3 times in his 6 year career, playing ALL 82 games in the 06-07 season... Money? Otis has been given the green light once again to spend this summer. Of course you have to be frugal but 6 mil for a Center that struggles to get 10 mins per game and about 6 mil for a Swingman with a -75 IQ is terrible. When you have a chance to land a productive 6'9" defensive slasher like Deng, who MUST be guarded.... You take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

quote:

quote:

quote:

AMEN!

Yo dumbos listen for a second. People who dont like this trade arent thinking "Gortat will get us a top lottery pick or young star". We simply dont like the **** trade. Nobody is saying omgomgogogm Gortat is so great we need something great in return. I would NOT want Deng for Gortat and Pietrus. That does not mean I wouldnt want someone else who is not a young star or top pick.

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

Wow, there's a lot of people on these boards that quite clearly no nothing about Deng. The guy would be a huge upgrade over what we have at SF. Also, if it means ridding us of Gortat then i'm all for it.

It's pointless having someone on 6+ a year that struggles to get 10+ mins a game, it's an absolute waste and I swear people are on crazy pills if they think they can get a max contract guy for Gortat and Pietrus/Bass. All 3 were poor this year.

All this team needs is a minor tweak. I agree Deng is earning quite a lot but there is no way this team picks up a max player this offseason. The pieces we have to trade with means the most likely players that are obtainable are 3rd option guys and having Deng would definitely make us better than what we are now.

So a minor tweak is getting rid of one of the best back up centers (and I don't care what anyone says about Gortat, he has proven to be effective when Howard is in foul trouble. And it's not his fault that he struggles with getting minutes when he is a backup to Dwight Howard and there is a log jam in the PF spot); A good wing defender and Bass, whom I think is a better defender than Anderson, though I can't prove it by stats in Orlando because well, he didn't really play but when he was called upon and played significant minutes, he was a great player.

So, after we get Deng, we now have to go out and find more people to fit them into our system. Seriously, that is not minor tweaking because we ave not exchanging bench for bench, Deng is a starter in Chicago plus, he is making tons of money, even if we save money on getting him and trading Pietrus and Gortat, people forget we know have to have a replacement for Gortat. JJ, if we sign him, will be making more money plus the whole Matt Barnes situation. Forgetting as well that if we do not sign J Will and Anthony Johnson, we now have to go out and get 2 more backup point guards which will probably be MORE money. Adding to about 4 more people onto this team, I don't understand how in the end, this would be consider minor.

And I'm still confused how Deng is supposed to make us better? What Orlando seem to lack is length, a go to scorer, play maker, and energy guy (though JJ fills that role well), so does Deng do any of those things??? And if we get rid of Gortat and Pietrus we loose shot blocking in the second unit, rebounding, a good SF and C defenders, jacking up 3s (icon_wink.gif) and athleticism--is Deng worth losing all that. Do we have other trades in mind to pick up what we traded away?