Sign in to follow this  
mont

why do we blame vince carter for the teams failure

When the VC trade went down, I was optimistic that he would be the go-to scorer who would both compensate for the loss of Turk and get us back to the Finals. Instead, he had an injury-riddled season that culminated with a frustrating loss to Boston.

Was it all Vince's fault? Certainly not. However, as much as I wanted to believe that Vince was putting forth his strongest effort, it just didn't appear that way in our biggest playoff games. He got outplayed by JJ, blown by on defense, and choked away an opportunity to at least send game 1 into overtime. Don't act like he is above reproach, my man.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Someone remove the svgsad smiley, for the love of God. I see now just how horrendously overused it is. It's like a smiley version of Turk.

I agree. I hate it so much, but it's so perfect and I can't stop using it. We have to destroy it.

Why do we blame anyone? Maybe because we're too emotionally invested that someone has to take the blame or our lives will just crumble? The throat to choke as we say. There has to be some player right? Could be our lives are so intertwined in Magic basketball that we continuously have to play the what-ifs which gives us some dream team type squad. Just doesn't work like that. Maybe we just watch box scores to see who "showed up" or wait for someone to give us an opinion? Yeah blame that guy. We're so caught up in who showed up last, that we forget how they even got there. Imagine if they got booted in the first/second round.....who would you blame then? If you watched the series, it was pretty obvious why the Magic lost and it didn't rest on any one player. In fact most of the players suffered because of it. When the approach changed, it was obvious. In other words, we really need to get over it and move on. You win as a team and lose as a team.

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

You keep trying to run the offense through howard and this team will lose. Commentators have said that over and over again, especially when playing the celtics. Carter needed the ball more to make plays but...

You mean they shouldn't run the offense through the guy that averaged 22pts on 57% shooting for the entire series (which had two very terrible games) and for 4 games (2, 4, 5, and 6) he averaged 27.7 points on 65.6% shooting?

Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously when you say these things?

Running the offense through Dwight was what kept the team from getting swept, and was hardly the problem. The problem was we had our PG not being aggressive enough, and our PF and SG shooting below 37% from the field.

I can't believe you actually took the words that came out of Mark Jackson's mouth seriously

smile_svgsad.png

With a name like "ButterMilkPancakes", I would't take you seriously that's for sure. You probably haven't started growing hair on your balls.
smile_shardhappy.png

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

Why do we blame anyone? Maybe because we're too emotionally invested that someone has to take the blame or our lives will just crumble? The throat to choke as we say. There has to be some player right? Could be our lives are so intertwined in Magic basketball that we continuously have to play the what-ifs which gives us some dream team type squad. Just doesn't work like that. Maybe we just watch box scores to see who "showed up" or wait for someone to give us an opinion? Yeah blame that guy. We're so caught up in who showed up last, that we forget how they even got there. Imagine if they got booted in the first/second round.....who would you blame then? If you watched the series, it was pretty obvious why the Magic lost and it didn't rest on any one player. In fact most of the players suffered because of it. When the approach changed, it was obvious. In other words, we really need to get over it and move on. You win as a team and lose as a team.

I agree with you; Pietrus did suck in the ECF as well as Vince.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

I agree with you; Pietrus did suck in the ECF as well as Vince.

R.I.F.

But yeah, I'm just glad they didn't suck in rounds 1 and 2..... Half the board would be on suicide watch.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

You keep trying to run the offense through howard and this team will lose. Commentators have said that over and over again, especially when playing the celtics. Carter needed the ball more to make plays but...

You mean they shouldn't run the offense through the guy that averaged 22pts on 57% shooting for the entire series (which had two very terrible games) and for 4 games (2, 4, 5, and 6) he averaged 27.7 points on 65.6% shooting?

Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously when you say these things?

Running the offense through Dwight was what kept the team from getting swept, and was hardly the problem. The problem was we had our PG not being aggressive enough, and our PF and SG shooting below 37% from the field.

I can't believe you actually took the words that came out of Mark Jackson's mouth seriously

smile_svgsad.png

With a name like "buttermilkpancakes", I wouldn't take you seriously either. You probably haven't started growing hair on your balls yet.

I would also turn to baseless personal insults if I had nothing intelligent to add and was completely without argument.

i don't know if vince is mentally tough enough to be deep in the playoffs, he hasn't shown it yet, maybe there are just too many years in the league for him to be wanting it that much, i don't know what it is, it just doesn't seem to be there for him. there are no stats for that, so i have nothing to offer you.

Well, if it helps, he has already said he thinks Olympic medals are more important[better...] than NBA rings. He already has one of those, so he probably doesn't care that much for an NBA ring

who knows

I did not see anything positive from vc... Nothing... No defense. No offense. No rebounding. No leadership. No passing. No play-making. No hustle. No Heart. He even missed fts in the final secs of a vital game. He was not the only problem but failed to do anything. Anything. Lewis could not scorer but he checked kg. What did VC do? he got pucked by paul and allen. They passed him around like a chairleader. I thought jj had a bigger impact and should have started; that speaks volumes.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

I did not see anything positive from vc... Nothing... No defense. No offense. No rebounding. No leadership. No passing. No play-making. No hustle. No Heart. He even missed fts in the final secs of a vital game. He was not the only problem but failed to do anything. Anything. Lewis could not scorer but he checked kg. What did VC do? he got pucked by paul and allen. They passed him around like a chairleader. I thought jj had a bigger impact and should have started; that speaks volumes.

smile_svgsad.png