Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

Will we have a team that can beat the lakers next season?

We already have a team that CAN beat anybody, but only IF everybody shows up at the same time! Any trades we make should be about trading inconsistent for consistent!

quote:
Originally posted by XaviInThe407:

I dont want to see another Lakers 3-peat, its boriiiiiiiiiiiing.

Same here,thats why I can't sleep at night,just seeing Kobe holding 6 trophies and laughing at our faces.

I think our team is vastly over-rated by our own fans.

We are a year removed from the NBA Finals, just had a run to the Eastern Conference Finals, we are one of only 2 teams to be in the Conference Finals in consecutive years (us and the Lakers), and one of only 3 teams the past 3 years that have made the NBA Finals.

We are, as is, among the NBA elite.

We've lost a championship to the Lakers, a team that is on the verge of a 2nd dynasty perhaps. We lost a conference championship to the Celtics, champions 2 years ago, and among the 3 elite teams in the NBA right now.

LeBron has proven absolutely NOTHING in terms of being a championship caliber player. Doesn't mean he isn't, or can't be. He just HASN'T to this point. If he stays in Cleveland, we own Cleveland. If he goes to Chicago, that's scary. In Miami (or anywhere with Wade), you're going to have 2 huge egos, that do the same thing on the court, fighting for the limelight. LeBron and Wade will fail. LeBron and Bosh? Well, there will have to be other pieces around them for me to be convinced that combo can take us out.

Boston CAN be beaten by us, even though we didn't finish the job this past year. I am fully confident that as is, we can beat the Celtics.

We do need to sit and see how trades and free agents play out. But I am fully confident in our team to be a championship capable team. The biggest difference this time, compared to the last time we were a championship caliber team, is that our star centerpiece player isn't a free agent, able to bolt in the middle of our peak like Shaq did for LA. Dwight has a couple years left before he's a free agent, our window is still wide open.

I'll say this, I think the Magic and Lakers are the only two teams in the league right now that could wait out this free agency mess and stay with what they have and still be competitive next year. That being said, I still want to make some moves.

that all depends on stan playing a traditional 4 and what will happen with the 2 position and if jameer nelson can actually function as a real point guard. also dwight's development on offense.

but don't act like whoever lebron and wade pair with (amar'e or bosh) isn't going to be competition. the east is still gonna be quite competitive.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

that all depends on stan playing a traditional 4 and what will happen with the 2 position and if jameer nelson can actually function as a real point guard. also dwight's development on offense.

smile_svgsad.png

Hard to say until we see how the draft and free agency shakes out. I would have thought the Celtics would beat the Lakers, but...

And like everyone else is saying, the East isn't going to be a cakewalk. Our window might have closed two years ago. Hopefully we can add a piece here or there to push us back to the big game.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

smile_svgsad.png

smile_shardhappy.png