Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

CONTRACT WITH TORONTO DONE? (2nd update pg7)

as per CBA FAQs - http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm (question 86):

Quote:

The CBA allows the player to waive part of his trade bonus, if necessary to allow a trade to fit within the 125% plus $100,000 margin. To make the above trade work, the player would need to waive $100,000 of his $300,000 trade bonus. The bonus would then be worth $200,000, and $100,000 of that would be allocated to the current season. The player would therefore count $1,100,000 as incoming salary, which exactly matches the maximum the other team can accept in return for their $800,000 player. The player is not allowed to waive more than the amount necessary to make the trade legal.

All that does is give a player the ability to make a trade potentially easier. It does not give the player the ability to block a trade outright, which is the point you were making.

Hedo can do nothing to stop Toronto from trading him to whomever they so please. What he CAN do is make it easier for them to trade him to a particular team. That is a much different point, and not the point you made earlier.

Hedo can't even just waive his trade kicker because he feels like it.

He can only waive the trade kicker if doing so will allow an illegal trade to become legal, and he can only do it to the minimum amount necessary to make it work.

He can't, for instance, waive it as a token of good will towards his new team or help their CAP situation. Doesn't work like that.

Thanks for the input guys on trade kickers and limited rights of a player in regards to trades.

Sometimes I use common sense verses actual rules. In this case it came back to bite me.

I guess the only thing that Turkoglu has working for him is whether he would be happy in Cleveland. When the Cavs talk to him they might think about the experience in Toronto possibly being repeated. Not a pleasant thought.

Would Turkoglu be coming off the bench for Cleveland? Sure sounds like it.

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Bucher thinks he's going to Cavs.

Makes sense if Lebron stays. And they can both get max contracts. Dream scenario for Cav fan. To be honest, I think it'd be nice to see Lebron not screw them over. When it comes down to it, I wouldn't wish what Shaq did to us on anyone.

The Cavs have had two elite seasons without Bosh, so it is hard to say how much better they are with him. Either way, you pair up the best player in the league with the best young PF in the league and you get the best two player duo in the league. Scary.

I think the question is: The Magic want or not Bosh?

if the rep is yes, i think we must do a big package for interest The Raptors, so i think:

Magic takes: Bosh(17M), Turk(9) or Cald

quote:
Originally posted by Strepsil:

if the rep is yes, i think we must do a big package for interest The Raptors, so i think:

IMO, if the Cavs get Bosh in a S&T, along with Turk and Calderone, AND Lebron stays, they are coming out of the East. Calderone can run an offense and when needed so can Turk (as we all know). Lebron would now get to play off the ball. Then you got Bosh to feed the ball in the post. As far as the cavs not having a center, all they need is Shaq to play 4 games during the reg season and one series in the playoffs, all against the Magic. Defensively Turk and Calderone rival VC as top matador defenders in the league, but if they can get some defenders to mix in there, they will be tough. The best available coach at the moment for that situation would be JVG.

Bosh to Cavs is more realistic than to Orlando. I don't buy that Otis is looking for another all-star post player when we already have one. Otis is looking for Turkoglu's replacement since VC failed miserably.

Chris Bosh "I'm not an addition. I'm a centerpiece..."

http://bleacherreport.com/arti...-wants-to-be-the-man

after saying that people think theres a shot of him coming to orlando? lol

you really think the center piece on the magic is gonna play alongside someoen who wants to be a first option and wants to be a centerpiece himself?

as ed lover would say.........c'mon son!

quote:
Originally posted by Strepsil: