Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

CONTRACT WITH TORONTO DONE? (2nd update pg7)

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

Was Orlando on Bosh's 5 teams list???

Miami, LA, Chicago, Toronto, and what was the other one??? Perhaps it was Orlando, I don't remember.

New York, and really "Toronto" means Dallas. So the five is Miami, LA, Chicago, Dallas and New York.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

Was Orlando on Bosh's 5 teams list???

Miami, LA, Chicago, Toronto, and what was the other one??? Perhaps it was Orlando, I don't remember.

New York, and really "Toronto" means Dallas. So the five is Miami, LA, Chicago, Dallas and New York.

Thanks for clearing that up for me...Yea, I think it's pretty obvious that he isn't going to stay at Toronto....

I could see him going to Orlando, seeing how he's more likely to do a S&T rather than take less money in free agency, and Orlando has the pieces(Bass, Gortat, JJ) to attract Toronto's GM.

I still firmly believe he will go wherever LeBron goes, if LeBron goes anywhere.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

Orlando team (after 2 trades above)

2010-2011

PG Nelson/Calderone

SG Turgoglu/Redick/?

SF Lewis/Barnes

PF Bosh/Anderson/?

C Howard/ ? / ?

After this trade, Orlando would have roughly 85m in salary dedicated to 7 players.

Also, getting Bosh isn't worth, oh boy, a first round pick, a second round pick, Gortat, Pietrus, Bass, and taking back two horrible contracts for should-be backup players.

Oh, and Turk at the shooting guard means we instantly become the worst defensive team in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

2010-2011

PG Nelson/Calderone

SG Turgoglu/Redick/?

SF Lewis/Barnes

PF Bosh/Anderson/?

C Howard/ ? / ?

After this trade, Orlando would have roughly 85m in salary dedicated to 7 players.

Also, getting Bosh isn't worth, oh boy, a first round pick, a second round pick, Gortat, Pietrus, Bass, and taking back two horrible contracts for should-be backup players.

Oh, and Turk at the shooting guard means we instantly become the worst defensive team in the league.

OK Mr know it all, please explain this in GOOD DETAIL why?

give us reasons why you think Bosh isnt worth it?

you already know gortat wants off the magic so thats pretty much a done deal, thats a 36 million cleared up.

Otherwise its just a bunch of talk.

quote:
Originally posted by Sacmo:

quote:

quote:

2010-2011

PG Nelson/Calderone

SG Turgoglu/Redick/?

SF Lewis/Barnes

PF Bosh/Anderson/?

C Howard/ ? / ?

OK Mr know it all, please explain this in GOOD DETAIL why?

give us reasons why you think Bosh isnt worth it?

you already know gortat wants off the magic so thats pretty much a done deal, thats a 36 million cleared up.

Otherwise its just a bunch of talk.

Which part am I explaining in good detail? The salary implications, Turk at shooting guard or that the S&T is hugely lopsided in Toronto's favor as presented?

quote:

quote:

2010-2011

PG Nelson/Calderone

SG Turgoglu/Redick/?

SF Lewis/Barnes

PF Bosh/Anderson/?

C Howard/ ? / ?

Agreed. I think I would move Barnes into the starting SG position for his defensive capabilities and slide Turk to the 6th man role. A bench with redick and turk would be great offensively but horrendous defensively though.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

With that said, I don't see how Orlando has a S&T deal on the table for Bosh right now considering his FA status. How could that exist w/o tampering?

Toronto is not restricted in anyway in their discussions with Bosh and can sign a letter of intent with the Magic that they are willing to do a S&T conditioned on Bosh's acceptance. The agreement is between Toronto and the Magic.

The Magic can not talk directly to Bosh until July 1st.

Correct me where I'm wrong...

You're either suggesting Colangelo & Otis have a contigency plan in place should Bosh decide he wants to go to Orlando or Bosh has already informed Colangelo he wants to go to Orlando???

I have no idea, but it's surely possible. I would suggest however that Otis would be a fool to consumate the Hedo deal prior to the Bosh deal no matter what Bosh has said to Colangelo & the odds of Hedo promising not to excercise the option on his final year is virtually non-existant.

The agreement would make the Magic the only team Toronto could deal with on a S&T. If Bosh goes to another team he walks and leaves a lot of money on the table. Bosh and Toronto can discuss this deal today.

Otis would logically allow Toronto to make the draft pick choices and the Turkoglu portion of the deal not happen until Bosh signs. That's the way I would do it.

We would possibly question Otis on why he drafted certain players without knowing that Toronto actually made the picks and not hear anything about the impending trade Draft night.

Being the only team that can do a S&T with Toronto is what motivates the Magic to commit to Bosh before he has made a decision.

June 18, 2010

Whither Phil, Doc and Turk? Read on.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

quote:

You cannot imagine the number of immediate e-mails I had yesterday asking what impact the Sixers-Sacramento trade (Sam Dalembert for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes) would have on Hedo Turkoglu and the Kings.

Well, impeccable sources, people I trust and who have never, ever steered me wrong, tell me it has no impact.

And that

quote:
Originally posted by Sacmo:

I'd like you to cite your sources for that one.

quote:

CONTRACT WITH TORONTO DONE?

I believe the contract for a Bosh S&T to Orlando, only needing Bosh's signature, has been completed. Toronto before agreeing to a exclusive Bosh S&T logically required Orlando to take Turkoglu's contract and also one of the point guard contracts.

Bosh, would logically wait until after July 1st to look at all options before signing.

The News, rumors, and common sense that support the assumption are as follows:

1. ESPN said that there is a deal for

Turkoglu.

2. Toronto needs to unload Turkoglu's

contract.

3. Turkoglu needs to be satisfied with the

team he is being traded to. Orlando does

that.

4. Turkoglu was making noise and now he is

silent.

5. Otis when asked about drafting a point

guard said he had one picked

out. Otis would never say that unless the

the player was under contract.

6. After Wade met with Bosh in LA,

Stoudemire became the front runner for

Miami.

7. Bosh requires max dollars. That can only

be accomplished with a S&T.

8. Otis won't commit to a Turkoglu deal

without first getting a exclusive Toronto

S&T with Bosh.

9. Bosh wants to be on a good team that has a

chance to win a championship.

10. Bosh yesterday interviewed w/ ESPN Radio

and did not mention Chicago, Miami, Wade,

or LeBron and said that HE needs to be

satisfied. Also didn't sound like LA was a

possibility.

11. Bosh and Wade have the same agent.

12. Bosh after attending first 2 Boston LAL

games in LA, is not attending the last 2

games in LA.

13. Howard, Bosh, and Boozer presently are in

Houston.

TWO TRADE TRANSACTIONS WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE. FIRST TRANSACTION WILL LOGICALLY TAKE PLACE DRAFT NIGHT.

THE 1st TRADE:

Toronto receives:

1st rd Draft pick

2nd rd Draft pick

Gortat..............7m

Orlando receives:

Turkoglu..........10m (agrees to not exercise the option on the last year of his contract)

THE SECOND TRANSACTION WILL LOGICALLY TAKE PLACE SOON AFTER JULY 1ST (when Bosh signs)

THE 2nd TRADE:

Toronto receives:

Carter ........... 17m (Toronto buys out?)

Pietrus........... 4m

Bass.............. 4m

Orlando receives:

Bosh............. 17m

Calderone ....... 9m

2010-2011

PG Nelson/Calderone

SG Turgoglu/Redick/?

SF Lewis/Barnes

PF Bosh/Anderson/?

C Howard/ ? / ?

youre too smart for this situation

1st UPDATE:

quote:

Asked by ESPN Radio if he would agree to a sign-and-trade deal, or stay with the Raptors, Bosh replied, "I'm still processing everything out. I'm pretty much testing free agency like LeBron says and everybody says. Just testing free agency. NY Post

News reports confirm that Toronto Raptors have been very aggressive trying to trade 3 team starters, Turkoglu, Calderone, and Bosh(?), and also say that Turkoglu will likely be traded draft night and that Jose will be included with Bosh when signing a S&T(?). Bosh, in a NY interview was asked if he had considered the Knicks? Bosh said he would know more after the draft.

Prior reports indicated Bosh would land where ever LeBron landed. Bosh becently became restless when not hearing from LeBron and said he would consider NY with or without LeBron.

Steven A. Smith said that LeBron was leaning towards NY and that he had a problem with Jordan's legacy in Chicago. LeBron's team refuted that and said that Jordan'd legacy was an advantage for Chicago.

News has gotten more intense since the end of the finals and now Cleveland is talking to Toronto about a S&T for Bosh. It is now known that LeBron, althought not talking to the coaching candidates, is communicating with Cavaliers organization.

So....what does this mean?

THOUGHTS:

If Bosh does not want to sign the Orlando Magic S&T, Toronto could try again with another team. As you know, Toronto has a high priority to move the Turkoglu contract. The Turkoglu contract logically includes an acceptable destination contingency along with a 15% trade kicker and last year option. Toronto needs Turkoglu's cooperation. Any team that adds Turkoglu to their roster will want him happy with the trade.

Last year Bosh talked about how much he liked Toronto and that he was the franchise player. He emphasized that he was not a roll player.

If LeBron decided to go to Chicago, NY could offer to build the Knicks around Bosh. Because of $ and D.Howard, I believe he comes here.

PLEASE READ:

quote:

Yes, these guys are free agents this summer, and they should have the right to just up and sign with whomever they want, but it doesn't seem likely that any of them will just grab a multi-year deal with a new team and leave their former employers with a giant, superstar-shaped roster hole in their lineup.

I'm not buying the idea that we have the chance to land Bosh. I haven't heard anything to support the idea that he wants to come here. He has never mentioned a desire to play with Dwight. We aren't on his short list of teams that he wants to play for.

If he wants to win, why not just accept the S&T to Cleveland?