Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Magical Update - A nice one

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I don't see us taking back big salary for Collison. Paul, yes, Collison, no. That's just my gut.

Yeah, I agree.

I would think Otis would prefer to just add a Watson, Livingston via signing without dealing with added salary.

Maybe. I hope otherwise. I think Paul is far superior to Nelson and could create a real dynasty with Dwight. Not sure Otiz has the hoo-hoos to blow this thing up. I would try to somehow provide NO with major cap relief and picks for Paul and then trade Nelson to a team wanting a floor leader (i.e. NY, Memphis, Philly, Atlanta, etc.).

quote:

Just received even further confirmation that the Magic are going to push HARD (that's what she said) for one of the top PF's on the market - Bosh, Amare, Boozer in that order. Could be a 3 team deal.

bosh and hedo for vince, gortat and filler/picks

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't see us taking back big salary for Collison. Paul, yes, Collison, no. That's just my gut.

Yeah, I agree.

I would think Otis would prefer to just add a Watson, Livingston via signing without dealing with added salary.

Maybe. I hope otherwise. I think Paul is far superior to Nelson and could create a real dynasty with Dwight. Not sure Otiz has the hoo-hoos to blow this thing up. I would try to somehow provide NO with major cap relief and picks for Paul and then trade Nelson to a team wanting a floor leader (i.e. NY, Memphis, Philly, Atlanta, etc.).

u are aware a local billionaire just bought the hornets? why trade their franchise player for nothing?

I still think Boozer is very realistic for the Magic. He and Dwight are best friends and I'm sure they have talked about playing together before. This could very well happen, but it comes down to

A)If the Magic really want him

B)If we could make something work in a S&T with the Jazz

Bosh is likely going to Chicago, Miami, New York, or Cleveland with LeBron or Wade. Amare is likely staying in Phoenix or going to Miami....not like Boozer will have any better options for him to go to than Orlando. Why not play for a contender with your best bud?

quote:

Just received even further confirmation that the Magic are going to push HARD (that's what she said) for one of the top PF's on the market - Bosh, Amare, Boozer in that order. Could be a 3 team deal.

That is the best update you have given us. Bosh is definitely my favourite of the three by a long way. Otis should try and get Jarrett Jack from Toronto as well. He would be the perfect backup for us and is good mates with Bosh, which is also why Colangelo signed him in the first place.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I agree.

u are aware a local billionaire just bought the hornets? why trade their franchise player for nothing?

It's still being reported they want to dump salary.

Derek in Lake Mary, FL:

Waz up Alex! If you was Otis Smith what changes will you make? Who would you try to get here? I say keep J.J. and somehow try to bring Boozer via trade. He will help Dwight and Lewis down low.

Alex Kennedy:

I agree that the team should keep J.J. Redick. I think they'll get a deal done. As far as Boozer goes, I don't think Utah is interested. If they can't resign Boozer, they'll let him walk rather than try to sign-and-trade him because they'd rather just get under the cap and spend less money. They wouldn't be interested in Orlando's expensive assets such as Gortat and Bass. If he walks, Orlando obviously doesn't have the money to throw at him so landing Boozer isn't very realistic.

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Alex Kennedy doesn't know **** besides CJ Watson and the smallest draft guys.

When he's telling you something you don't wanna hear...for sure he don't know nothing!

I don't even want Boozer, he solves nothing. He's still undersized. But I'm just saying Alex Kennedy is not connected like that to know what's going on. And anything he says is pretty much speculation.