Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Magical Update - A nice one

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

How would Butler be the answer? Dude isn't exactly a great facilitator. He also got shellacked by Pietrus last time they played.

We aren't getting a Wade or a Kobe until we unload salary in the next year or so but Butler is a tier or so lower then those guys and def better then Vince, so I think it will only help.

I've like Butler for a while, he's been my favorite Magic killer, n Collison would be sweet, he would give Meer some competition, keep J. Will, n we got sum sweet pg's! Al Harrington although not much d would really be nice off the bench! Svg will make him play sum D!

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Nobody else is more excited about the prospect of Butler over Collison? He could be the wing scorer we need. It would kind of create a cluster**** with Vince, so I don't exactly see how that lineup would mesh, THougHh.

I agree with you. I mean I like Collison but I see Caron filling in a bigger whole that we have needed for sometime now, like you said.

If Vince can settle with a lesser role, like coming off the bench, I see this as a powerful fortification of our wing position. Start Redick with Butler and then bring VC in as our 6th man.

I'm just saying if both of these moves come to fruition, and we grab an NBA ready player from this year's draft....we win a ring. This roster is powerful.

Nelson/Collison/J Will

Redick/Carter

Butler/Barnes

Lewis/Bass/RA

Howard/(Alabi)

EDIT: I don't have Barnes starting because we don't get off to great starts with him offensively. He'd be better suited to maintain a lead coming off the bench IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

i was actually talking about this with trey yesterday.

Collison, okafor, peja for Vince, gortat

$27,112,040 for $23,844,695

so they would save a bit over 3 million next season and get rid of okafor's longterm deal.

Not sure if i like the trade though, also its a lot of money coming in.

That's awful.

Of course, there is no guarantee we're even keeping Barnes and JJ at this point.

And lewis, I saw your post, I just noticed there was more buzz about Collison.

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

I like Caron Butler, but don't trade Pietrus!!!!!!!!

Gortat and Bass would work, too.

Yes, but you would think they want a wing player back. Sucks we can't trade Barnes.

But Pietrus is my fav player, and he's money from 3. Do not trade him Otis!!!!!!!!!!

Just received even further confirmation that the Magic are going to push HARD (that's what she said) for one of the top PF's on the market - Bosh, Amare, Boozer in that order. Could be a 3 team deal.

i personally don't want bass or pietrus gone. get rid bass then the back up pf will be ryan anderson......get rid of pietrus you have no one to guard the kobe's and d-wade's etc.....

i don't see how losing all that for caron butler is a good idea. caron is getting up in age as well. not exactly the youthful go-to-shooter this team is looking for.

i don't see how getting a new starting shooting guard every year is gonna help this team out.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Just received even further confirmation that the Magic are going to push HARD (that's what she said) for one of the top PF's on the market - Bosh, Amare, Boozer in that order. Could be a 3 team deal.

Wow, this is going to be a suspenseful offseason

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Yes, but you would think they want a wing player back. Sucks we can't trade Barnes.

But Pietrus is my fav player, and he's money from 3. Do not trade him Otis!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but they also need a backup PF/C, and Bass could fill that role for them.