Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

What do Gator fans think of Donovan returning to college?

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

The poor soul has lost so much respect. It's actually quite sad. I don't think Billy had any idea of what he was getting into. Hope and pray we don't lose SVG, because it will get real ugly. I can see the Magic keeping Billy's contract for a year and letting Tom Sterner coach for a year. That would really do wonders for both organizations. Somehow I'd like Foley to eat crow on this one also.

Foley? What did he do? The guy was flying to Richmond, thinking he'd lost Billy... and Billy called him! He was classy the whole way through.

Yeah but that plane did a touch and go in that airport. He showed no class by what he did to Grant. Well actually Billy did it so you're probably right. I'm over it, i just don't want to lose SVG and my gut feeling tells me we will.

quote:

Yeah but that plane did a touch and go in that airport. He showed no class by what he did to Grant. Well actually Billy did it so you're probably right. I'm over it, i just don't want to lose SVG and my gut feeling tells me we will.

Well hopefully your gut is not as accurate as D-bo's.....

quote:
Originally posted by MaitlandMagic:

quote:

The poor soul has lost so much respect. It's actually quite sad. I don't think Billy had any idea of what he was getting into. Hope and pray we don't lose SVG, because it will get real ugly. I can see the Magic keeping Billy's contract for a year and letting Tom Sterner coach for a year. That would really do wonders for both organizations. Somehow I'd like Foley to eat crow on this one also.

Foley? What did he do? The guy was flying to Richmond, thinking he'd lost Billy... and Billy called him! He was classy the whole way through.

I'm not saying it was Foley but someone leaked the Donovan story to the press and it sure as hell wasn't anyone in the Magic organization. I doubt the Magic could prove there was tampering was involved but I bet Donovan was getting calls from the boosters.

quote:

OK, God Hates Magic Fans, What about the fact that you had no problem with Donovan breaching his contract with the Florida Gators to coach the Magic? It works both ways, my friend...

The Gators let him out of it.

How would Gator fans like it if Urban Meyer signed a contract with them, and a few days later decided he missed Utah and wanted out of it? You guys wouldn't be happy either.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by magicdude:

some of you better harrassing billy b/c he lives in the same state! Im a Gator fan leave the guy alone... The Gators are way more important than the Magic. Everywhere you go its Gators its not Magic so just realize what you are saying. Stop and think because Im not thinking your post about kill donavan and rapping kobe is funny I happen to like the guy.

Um the Magic actually sell out their games, a two time national champ struggles at the gate.

That's ridiculous... The Magic average, what, 80-85% capacity? I watch plenty of games and I get MAD at the lack of fan interaction. Of course I realize there are good Magic fans, like you, I and the Fat Man, but the truth of the matter is that Orlando doesn't have the best track record for fan support.

The Gators, despite the recent ramblings of Colin Cowherd, sold out EVERY conference game. In fact, the only games that weren't sold out came during winter break, when the sizable student population is gone (Gainesville is a town with 90,000 students). As a student, I know first hand, as it was nearly impossible to get tickets to a game... I was only able to attend 4 games with student tickets.

18 Orlando 41 700,887 17,094 99.1

We pretty much sold out every single game.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Um the Magic actually sell out their games

False.

99.1 percent capacity

me=right

Have you actually been to a game this year!?!

There's some fuzzy math going on with those numbers, buddy. I've been to quite a few games this year...Probably not as many as rich Winter Parkers, but the upper level is almost always half full. In Gainesville, I'm also able to watch all of the games on Sunshine (over half), and very often the lower bowl isn't anywhere near capacity. It would take a VERY delusional magic fan to state otherwise. Again, I'm not slamming true Magic fans... there are plenty of them. I'm just saying that there aren't nearly enough of them, which is why Orlando has a bad reputation as a sports town.

quote:

There's some fuzzy math going on with those numbers, buddy. I've been to quite a few games this year...Probably not as many as rich Winter Parkers, but the upper level is almost always half full. In Gainesville, I'm also able to watch all of the games on Sunshine (over half), and very often the lower bowl isn't anywhere near capacity. It would take a VERY delusional magic fan to state otherwise. Again, I'm not slamming true Magic fans... there are plenty of them. I'm just saying that there aren't nearly enough of them, which is why Orlando has a bad reputation as a sports town.

That is true the upperbowl whee I usually go is always full, but the lower bowl is full but not nearly as full....... IMO though upperbowl are better seats, u just dont get the opportunity to get any flying T-shirts.....