Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Logical Landing Spots For Gortat

OKC - They need a young 5 that's athletic and plays D. Sefalosha, Harden and Green could be targets. I still wish we would have drafted Ibaka instead of Lee. icon_frown.gif

Minnesota - Probably the best fit for Gortat. The Wolves have 0 defensive presence or a real C on their team. I know everyone likes Love but the Wolves will push Jefferson. Their lottery pick would be nice.

Sacramento - Another team without any defensive presence up front. They also have a nice lottery pick.

Golden State - sign and trade Watson and Morrow or their 6th pick for Gortat?

Don't the Wolves and Kings both have cap space to absorb Gortat with just giving up the pick?

That's why I think those are his best destinations to be traded. A team that doesn't have to give up a player and we don't have to take back an equal salary. The rookie contract for say a 5th pick is what? 3 million a year or so?

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

I don't think Dallas needs/wants Gortat now...Brendan Haywood and Erik Dampier, that's a hell of a rotation at the 5...granted, Dallas could easily not pickup Dampier's final year with that enigma of a contract that he has, but I think they will, even if though, I still don't see the need for Gortat in Dallas unless they go Overhaulin'!

Haywood is a FA

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Don't the Wolves and Kings both have cap space to absorb Gortat with just giving up the pick?

That's why I think those are his best destinations to be traded. A team that doesn't have to give up a player and we don't have to take back an equal salary. The rookie contract for say a 5th pick is what? 3 million a year or so?

OKC can absorb it as well, they have a ton of money coming off.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

I don't think Dallas needs/wants Gortat now...Brendan Haywood and Erik Dampier, that's a hell of a rotation at the 5...granted, Dallas could easily not pickup Dampier's final year with that enigma of a contract that he has, but I think they will, even if though, I still don't see the need for Gortat in Dallas unless they go Overhaulin'!

Haywood is a FA

good call, for some reason thought he had 1 year left...

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

OKC can absorb it as well, they have a ton of money coming off.

I guess Gortat for Jeff Green would be the only realistic move.