Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

Ewing/Hakeem

Well, ESPN/TNT used to always make it a point to zoom in on Kareem when Bynum scored. I'm convinced they had stock footage of him in an audience.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

either way. Hakeem was the more talented player and his work with Bynum showed more progress than Ewings work with Dwight.

Hakeem worked with Bynum?

I thought that was Kareem?

yeah, wait. Sorry. Hakeem worked with Kobe. I remember hearing somebody worked with hakeem during a finals broadcast the other day and assumed it was bynum.

Hakeem did work with Yao though.

Coaches are like wifes/girlfriends. Players gradually tune them out. A fresh voice w/a fresh perspective will give Dwight a re-newed focus. Time away from Ewing & SVG is a positive for the same reason. As long as Ewing isn't territorial or Dwight disrespectful...no worries.

I don't think Olajuwon has a secret code that will unlock new portals of Dwights game, but he may be able to raise his b-ball IQ, & confidence.

Though it was Hakeem who had words with Dwight before game 4 against the celtics.. and in the final three games Dwight played with composure which he had never done to that level before.

If he can help Howard play like that with just a conversation, imagine what he could do in person.

I love the fact that he is being taught by Hakeem. One of the greatest scorers in the game.

good coaches understand that a diffrent workout is good.

other coaches have strenghts that you as a coach might not and having your players work out under somone diffrent can not only halp rectify that but is also just as good for you

well ewing pretty much slapped dwight in the face by selling him out to charles oakley.

and i think hakeem will help dwight fully utilize his athleticism and strength on the offense side of the court.

patrick hasn't really done that so i don't see how he can complain when its evident that he really hasn't taught dwight ****.

who would've thought a phone call from hakeem would have dwight showing some potential. he was growing up right before our eyes. now imagine them in a gym working together and what that will produce.

Hakeem is one of the best of all time. Pat might feel a bit funny about it but he shouldn't. Hakeem has stuff in his game that Ewing never had. Learning from more than 1 teacher is an advantage just like fighting.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

well ewing pretty much slapped dwight in the face by selling him out to charles oakley.

and i think hakeem will help dwight fully utilize his athleticism and strength on the offense side of the court.

patrick hasn't really done that so i don't see how he can complain when its evident that he really hasn't taught dwight ****.

who would've thought a phone call from hakeem would have dwight showing some potential. he was growing up right before our eyes. now imagine them in a gym working together and what that will produce.

Give credit where it is due. Hakeem might have inspired Dwight to play--but it was Ewing's foundation and his own natural abilities that he tapped into.

If Ewing did not teach Dwight the fundamentals needed, an inspirational word from Hakeem would have gone on deaf ears.