Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

If you could send one guy packing...

Also god forbid we "nut hug" the most successful coach in Franchise history.

Lets get hyper critical of Dwight too because you know he's not a top 5 player of all time.

VC... easily.. This was his time to show something in his entire carreer and he whiffed. (like most said he would)

**** dude!

I chose Stan Van Gundy, I do not think they will get a championship with him as coach. I do not believe he was prepared enough to use his pieces against boston. I believe this team with the right coach could be the most versatile ever. By being able to switch and mingle the lineup with say start conventional and then being able to switch to a 4out 1in, at any given time.

I would also have maybe chosen Pietrus... He has so much talent but refuses to move from the three point line. I think that someone could get his talent out of him. When he drives to the hoop he does score a fair bit.

Stan is the best thing to happen to this team since Dwight. It should not be our head coach, Boston was and is the better team... or maybe the game in LA tonight didn't show you that.

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

I chose Stan Van Gundy, I do not think they will get a championship with him as coach. I do not believe he was prepared enough to use his pieces against boston. I believe this team with the right coach could be the most versatile ever. By being able to switch and mingle the lineup with say start conventional and then being able to switch to a 4out 1in, at any given time.

I would also have maybe chosen Pietrus... He has so much talent but refuses to move from the three point line. I think that someone could get his talent out of him. When he drives to the hoop he does score a fair bit.

Mike Brown showed everyone how "versatility" is nearly useless in the playoffs. The best thing about a coach is sticking to a gameplan and keep using it. You can't change whenever you want expecting good results.

Tell me the last team to win a championship that changed their core depending on the teams.

Oh, and teams like the Spurs do not count, because although they would go small for most of the game with Horry stretching the floor, that was something they were doing for years. This Magic team has not had the luxury (or the right players) to do that. This year was the closest, but even then our backups in PF (Bass and Gortat) weren't playing well enough for it to be successful.

Stan's "stubbornness" is actually a great quality. Coaches that make decisions off of knee jerk reactions fail the hardest. Stan's very patient and trusts his players A LOT (more of a good thing than a bad thing. Benching a player after a few bad plays can only bring morale down, and keeping him on can raise his confidence and it's good in the locker room).

It was obvious an adjustment needed to made in order to win the boston series, I don't see that as a positive thing as him not adjusting things. He finally adjusted in game 4 and 5 and we won and went back to his old ways in game 6 by keeping the starters out too long and not trusting our bench...especially bass throughout the series.

Game 6 there was no reason to bench Lewis to play Bass. Lewis was very aggressive in the 1st half (7 rebounds) and was defending well. Team defense was the biggest problem this series, not a "banger" at PF. The team looked out of sorts AND were missing shots 60% of the time, they made every time.

The bench, outside of Redick and for a few spurts Bass, was mediocre at best.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

stan.....cannot develop talent nor cares for players to develop.

Gortat, JJ, Lee (a little bit), Mo Evans, Hedo.

5 guys in three years.

You have no idea what you're talking about and just like to hate.

stan didn't develop those guys so you failed miserably.